Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temperature Recording

Temperature sensors are in almost all the small devices in my Smartthings system. I can view the temperature in my Smartthings app for each device and even run rules and get notifications if the temps exceed or fall below the temperatures that I have set. The biggest use for this is to turn on a camera in case of a fire or winter time power outage while one is away from home so that one could notify someone to go check it out. I currently use my Smartthings devices for that but would also like to see the cameras report temperature readings as a backup. Those without Smartthings or something like it can not have the ability to use this functionally.

Brian

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

TheWraith
Guide
Too bad these forums cut off the original poster's text half of the time. Can't even see the whole message.
brh
Master
Master

Just above this section, click on Idea Options and scroll down until you see Printer Friendly Page. You will be able to see the full text. Yes it is frustrating. I wish there was a way to set this up as an option you could chose in a Settings or Preferences tab that would be remembered every time you logged in.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

I notice that the Arlo Baby cameras have this option, so hopefully it would be easy to incorporate in all the new Cameras.

Brin