Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Stop supporting only your newest gear

Arlo cameras are convenient and work great as long as you have the newest cameras. For us who joined Arlo a little while ago and have 1st & 2nd generation cameras are screwed. My newest camera is hooked up to the same base station as the rest and to test I put all my cameras in the same location and the newest camera works every time yet the others always have some kind of problem with dropping off my list of cameras or they fail the go into live video. Yet the new one is flawless. Well here is the best fix I found. Since Arlo does not want to support or upgrade older cameras and they want a small fortune for a new camera I found going to another company for your security needs is actually cheaper. Once you take into account Arlos greedy fees and charges just to use your equipment plus the fact you’re going to need to buy their best and newest gear just to stay supported and have a quality system. If I have to buy new cameras each time Arlo upgrades then I am GOING TO BUY THEM BUT FROM SOMEONE ELSE. There are way to many choices of camera systems that do not charge even a fraction of Arlos fees. To bad cuz you guys really had something great at the start when you first came out, I mean I could not say enough good things but you are way outside what a private person will/should pay. You guys charge almost as much as my business camera system with 15 cameras that are hardwired in and connected to a very advanced security system. I paid less for one camera plus installation than you charge for one of your version of a HD camera. At home I used to have 10 Arlo cameras now 5 well that’s because the others have slowly been replaced with your competitors product. I know you are so big you do care about loosing me but your competition was very happy to take me from you, and we all know it starts with one. If you want this much for product and support then go after businesses that might be appropriate pricing for that but for personal use Arlo is way to much.