Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Shared Arlo Cam & Arlo Pro Cam's working with Amazon Alexa

Please can anybody help...

I have my Arlo (VMB3500 & VMB4000) Base Station & Cams (two of the original VMC3030 and two Pro Cams VMC4030) connected to my Amazon account which allows me to use Alexa.

As we know, each base station only allows a max of 5 cams to be paired (subscription free). So having more than one base station, and so more than one Arlo account, allows more than 5 cams to be registered.

However, despite having access to 'Shared Devices' in the Arlo APP, I cannot gain access to see these shared cams, for example to view through my Alexa Show 5.

Alexa only grants me access to those cameras connected to 'My Devices' and to none of those in the 'Shared Devices', despite being able to see both sets of cams via the Arlo APP.

The Amazon Alexa APP only allows me to connect one Arlo profile (email address), and so I cannot see the other 'shared' cams, without first disconnecting my Arlo account and logging into the other 'shared' cam account (2nd email address). 

Is it possible to either

(1) allow both 'My Devices' and 'Shared Devices' to be seen via Alexa Show; or

(2) allow more than account to be registered with the Amazon Alexa APP.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi CWH68,

You can only see cameras that are under your account (not under the grant access or shared devices).

I moved your post to the Idea Exchange board where the Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. 

outcrane
Novice

Just wondering if there was a way to allow a friend to also view the cameras via an echo show. I know you can invite friends to view them and manage through your phone. However would it be possible for roomates with different alexa accounts to view the cameras through their alexa devices. Apologies if you are able and I merely missed a step or two. Thank you.