Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Set up text notification, customize notification, and more options for grant access

The following enhancements are reqeusted for the Arlo product.

Regarding email notifications.
#1 Can you set it up for Text notification? I've added the email address for texting a phone, but now anyone in the notificaiton list cannot send an MMS to the other person, it is always sending our text messages to the xxx@tmomail.net or xxx@messaging.sprint.com, etc

#2 The messages we receive for motion/sound notificaiton, should be minimized or customizable. The message is so long, and contains information we dont necessarily need. I have tricked the sytsem and added a fake email address as the FIRST email address in the notificaiton list for each of my devices i.e. FRONTHOUSE@arlo.com, LIVINGROOM@arlo.com, so that I can immediatly see where the motion/sound was detected. The message is still quite LONG and contains information we dont need, along with the links to view the video not working.

Regarding user rights (Users > Grant Access). Currently the only options I can give a user are to view Devices and Allow Access Rights, which allows them to change the mode or watch live video. These rights should be checkboxes for ALL RIGHTS the admin has, with the ability to grant them as the user needs them. Something like this,

__Allow user to Change mode to
 (List all modes)
   __  ARMED
 __  DISARMED
 __  Custom Mode ie. Sunday Church

__Allow user to Add a Mode
__Allow user to watch live video
__Stop video stream if movement detected and system is set to record on movement/audio
__Allow turn on/off Siren
__Allow to speak via camera
__Allow New System Setup
__Allow to Buy more cameras?
__Allow to Device Order
__Allow to Change/update Device Name
__Allow to Add/Remove Device
__Allow to Delete Video
__ETC.....

Comments
sstringer
Follower
+1 - I couldn't agree more.  It's bad enough that I get spammed with 50-100 notifications a day, but every phone in my family lights up constantly.  It makes notifications all but useless.  A much richer rule set for notifications is needed urgently.
ValleNorte
Guide

We have passed the 1 year anniversary of this post and not a peep from Arlo people. Is this simple request ever gooing to get looked at? It is so annoying I am contemplating deleting my access to these invited cameras because there is nothing I can do to stop the alerts coming! Surely this is junior stuff to work this out??

Trepidine
Novice

A simple ‘notification on/off’ on a camera by camera basis would be nice. 

irvinetech
Novice

We install Arlo cameras for numerous clients that we keep in our apps in case we need to troubleshoot any issues. We would also very much like this feature.

Sutfam1
Fledgling

This really needs to happen (ability to turn off notifications for shared devices). 

I don’t want to get constant notifications for my shared devices but I want to be able to access them. 

Does Arlo even read these posts? 

This is a no brainer and shouldn’t be hard to do. 

TaylorSystems
Follower

I am wondering if there is any progress on this topic.

The issue is that anyone who has been granted access to view your cameras are ALSO receiving PUSH Notifications (that are NOT Desired).

When Granting Access to cameras... it should be possible to SEPARATELY Enable or Disable 'Notifications'... whether they are 'Push' or 'email'.

What is the status???

Guentercooldude
Follower
I have my own Arlo Go and my friend has her own Arlo Go in which we share our camera to each other. There are times when I need only notifications from my camera and visa versa. Would like to be able to turn off notifications for a specific camera from the settings tab for that specific camera.
broox
Follower

This is super annoying. A family member shared their cameras with me so that I could check up on their house while they're away.

I am not at all interested in notifications for these cameras as the owner is also monitoring them... I just want the ability to check-in as needed.

Pleeeeease, implement this!

bescobedo
Follower

Arlo Baby needs to have settings to allow different users to have different notification settings. The primary account and each guest account should be able to have different notifcaiton settings and be able to toggle them on and off as needed. The use cases are:

For example, if I'm at work, I don't want to get notifications every time the camera detects motion but she may need them if she's home. Another example is that I'd like to grant my parents access so they can use the monitor while they're visiting but they likely don't want to be getting notifications all of the time.

One way to tackle this might be to have recording be a global setting that's always on or off and then have notifications be a per user setting that can be toggled as a mode.

WilburWeb
Fledgling

Why has this issue not been addressed yet?

I am now being spammed with notifications all day for premises where I am not the first responder for emergencies, and so any notification of activity at my own home is not being noticed. It is extremely annoying. Surely adding the ability to choose which cameras we receive notifications from shouldn't be a difficult enhancement.