Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Self-recorded message for doorbell responses

For the Audio Doorbell. I would like to be able to record my own messages in my own voice, instead of only have the pre-recorded "quick messages" that come already setup.

Comments
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

I would also appreciate this enhancement.

MDNZ
Guide

Current messages are very American male and robotic. Would be great for us non Americans to record our own voices

other option is like TomTom with voice packs 

Edit: just found international settings so can change language 

kgl1x
Tutor

Being able to record your own messages and name them (to choose from in the list) in your local language should be a no-brainer. Unless of course Arlo considers the rest of the non English speaking world as an uninteresting market.
Even if I understand English, not everyone calling on my door will understand the English messages...

Francescost
Follower

I hereby ask you if it is possible to change the pre-set messages in the message list to be used when you cannot reply.
It might be important to be able to customize at least one message of this.

Waltonl333
Novice
I would like to Request the option to add a prerecorded or preprogrammed message to the audio doorbell, so the doorbell doesn’t need to be manually answered e.g. “I’m busy and can’t come to the door right now. Please leave the parcel in a safe place near the door’.
Aussie85
Fledgling

Yes! The ability to self record or set a customised message would be brilliant. The current ones don't cover what I need. Even just being able to edit the automated voice messages would be fine, but at least something that would allow use to customise them.

Also, adding the ability to set the recorded message to play when the button is pressed without the need to actually do it from your phone every time. If your away on holiday or at work, you're most likely not going to get the call, so setting it to just play a set message straight away would be very beneficial The delivery person could do what's asked and go about they day, instead of having to wait until the call isn't answered to hear a message or to leave a message. This was brought up in a few other posts, but those have been disabled due to inactivity.

SayHiToKyle
Onlooker
Hi,

I have the AVD2001 Wire-Free Camera, it would be great to leave a custom voice message for parcels to be left in my designated safe space, rather than just “outside” as the message currently states which has been confusing for delivery drivers and I’ve been unable to clarify as I’ve been unable to talk through the microphone at work.