Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Security issue Arlo Baby - No Alert in case of connection drop

Currently when connection between the monitoring device and the Arlo baby camera drops there is no alarm tone on the monitoring device. This way (even if there is just a short problem with wifi or internet) the connection drops and you might be hours without monitoring during the night while you have received no information about the dropping connection during sleep. This is a very dangerous situation for the baby!
Therefore a loud alarm tone on the monitoring device should be played in case of any connection drop to the camera. Ideally this should have to be confirmed on the screen by the user before the alarm stops! Please immediately close this security issue!!!!
Comments
chrisjones19
Novice

Has this been followed up at all or is the feature now available? This is the first thing that came to mind when I started looking at purchasing a wifi connected baby monitor. I'm keen to buy the Arlo Baby but at this point will probably go for the traditional radio monitor for stability and to avoid the possibility of un-alerted disconnects... People can't be trusting that their WiFi (even simply their power supply!!) will work 100% of the time, can they?

Kirsten_B
Guide

Just bumping this idea up!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for posting your idea! We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation.

FREEMAN38
Initiate

Thanks at least, we should receive a notification when it goes down and up again to know if it woked or not.

FREEMAN38
Initiate

Hi,

The device can lose connection for various reasons (wifi issue, connection lost, isp issue, internet broken, no more power...) but there is no notification when connection is lost or restored (meaning monitoring is lost or restore).

I had a previous device (from another vendor) which had this key feature. For this kind of security/life monitoring device is really key (to know that the device is not recording/monitoring).

Is it planned to add this in a short future?

Regards,

Freeman