Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Security Light should have included Infrared

The Arlo Security Light missed the mark on providing illumination to Arlo cameras.  The visible light is certainly one aspect to a 'Security Light', but the addition of IR diodes that can be triggered by configuration (schedule) to aid in (invisible) light to Arlo cameras in the night is definiately something that needs to be included in version 2 of the product.  It should have been included in version 1, quite frankly.

Users should have the ability to configure modes/rules for security lights to either enable the visible light on motion OR enable the IR light on motion.  Paried with an Arlo camera the additional infrared light would aid in notable night time visibility of security cameras.

Comments
Bradgt82
Aspirant

I totally agree that this thing should have added infrared to help the Pro 2 night vision which sucks by the way.  I am shocked that it does not have this and I am also disappointed that it requires the bridge forcing us to add another box that requires another plug and another 2.4ghz radio wave flying through our homes.  Totally silly design decisions.  This thing should just connect to the base station like the darn cameras.  I was going to buy until I seen this.  Try again guys!