Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Scheduling should cover more than ONE DAY

Unless I have missed something and if I have please fill me in.

It seems that you can only schedule in one 24 hour period, 1201am to 12 pm?

I would like to schedule my cameras to come on at certain times and go off at certain times.

My son has Huntington's Disease and I would like to set a schedule on his Bedroom camera to come on and record both sound and motion at 8 PM, I would then want it to turn off at 10 am the following morning.

Then I would like the Living room camera to switch on at 11 am in the morning but turn off again at 7 pm.

I would like the Shed camera to come on at6 pm and switch off at 8 am the following morning.

I have purchased the 4th camera to watch the back of the house and I would like that to be set to the same schedule as the Shed camera.

So, if this can be done already my apologies and I would really appreciate it if someone could explain how to do that.

If not, then I would really like to have that integrated into the system.

Comments

@evaredy wrote:

Unless I have missed something and if I have please fill me in.

It seems that you can only schedule in one 24 hour period, 1201am to 12 pm?

I would like to schedule my cameras to come on at certain times and go off at certain times.

My son has Huntington's Disease and I would like to set a schedule on his Bedroom camera to come on and record both sound and motion at 8 PM, I would then want it to turn off at 10 am the following morning.

Then I would like the Living room camera to switch on at 11 am in the morning but turn off again at 7 pm.

I would like the Shed camera to come on at6 pm and switch off at 8 am the following morning.

I have purchased the 4th camera to watch the back of the house and I would like that to be set to the same schedule as the Shed camera.

So, if this can be done already my apologies and I would really appreciate it if someone could explain how to do that.

If not, then I would really like to have that integrated into the system.

I agree that multiple schedules would be very handy.

You might be able to get close to what you want by compromising on your times such that they do not overlap.  Then you could create different modes for those non-overlapping times of the day and set up your rules to operate your cameras as you wish.  In your case night mode would need to cover Shed and bedroom and compromise on the timing.  Day mode could cover the livingroom.

Another alternative is to get a second base station and put the camera that overlaps (shed or bedroom) on that base station OR buy an Arlo-Q or Q-Plus for the bedroom and use the separate schedule for that camera to eliminate the overlap problem.

evaredy
Star

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I have purchased the Arlo Baby monitor, the reason for the purchase is because the Live Feed doesn't stay on and also because I cannot schedule the bedroom camera.

I will look at your suggestions though for the remaining cameras, so thank you very much.

I can now move the Bedroom and Living Room cameras to the outside of the house. I still want to be able to have 24Hour Scheduling so I can have the cameras turn on and off at certain times.

I don't think the ARLO Support team or any other member of the ARLO team even bother to read these requests. If they do, they could at least acknowledge they have read them and maybe give an indication of whether or not some of these ideas could be integrated into a firmware update.

It doesn't seem to be a very active board for that matter.

Since 10/25 most users have been agrily posting about lost functionality and new bugs, so all of the entergy is sapped by that issue.

It is a pain if you want different schedules for a bunch of different cameras.  I guess in the extreme case you could create a new mode for those hours where things overlap or diverge in terms of behavior and get very specific about which cameras are on and off during those hours.

My need is for a different schedule for Home and Away.  That is hampered by the limit of one schediule per base station.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

ARLO PRO 4 Spotlight Camera  VMC4050P-100NAS 

Was setting up a separate Arlo Pro 4 camera to monitor outside the front of house. 

Problem was in setting the Arlo Pro 4 hours to be able to select specific hours. 

Currently only 3 hours than flips to 24 hours. 

Should be a simple switch programming wise to select hourly via a scroll feature to limit the hours it records, like the dusk to dawn but programable 7 days a week? 

StephenB
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

Should be a simple switch programming wise to select hourly via a scroll feature to limit the hours it records, like the dusk to dawn but programable 7 days a week? 

You can of course just use the existing schedule mode.  One issue is that it doesn't let you set an interval that starts before midnight and ends after midnight.  You do need to set up two schedule entries for that (one that ends at midnight, and a second one that starts at midnight).  They can both use the same mode.

https://kb.arlo.com/4900/How-can-I-set-a-schedule-for-my-camera-in-my-Arlo-account

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks, did set that up, and have two zones M-S morning 12am-6am and one for 9pm - 1159pm 

seems it could be done better or simpler for ease of use. 

StephenB
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

seems it could be done better or simpler for ease of use. 

I agree.  Scheduling, modes, and rules are pretty complicated, and I think ease of use could be improved.