Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Schedule Camera(s) to take Pictures

I am using Arlo for a construction project Im currently working on. This project will be going on for more than a year. It would be great if you could add a feature that would allow me to schedule the camera(s) to automatically take a picture at certain points during the day. For example, I would like to be able to place markers on the schedule at 11:00am and 4:00pm and then have the camera(s) turn on a take a picture at those selected times. This would be great for eventually putting together a timelapse of the project over a year's time. 

Thanks - Peter

Comments

IFTTT is now working with Arlo Go. I'm using the following applet to record a 10 second video every hour during business hours:

https://ifttt.com/applets/bsm2JNRh-arlo-record-top-of-every-hour-during-business-hours

So far working great.

Vlh23
Aspirant

Still would be great to be able to schedule a single photo each day within the Arlo app.  Is that a possibility ARLO?

The IFTTT applet to take a video every hour has stopped working since the last Arlo Go update. Would be nice to get this working again.

https://ifttt.com/applets/bsm2JNRh-arlo-record-top-of-every-hour-during-business-hours

Vlh23
Aspirant

I think the IFTTT app is going away. There is an app called Stringify that seems to be replacing it. I downloaded Stringify and created a “flow” that does work from that app. 

Jeezy
Novice

Auto scheduling of snapshots and sharing to an email or cellphone would be preferable. Auto scheduling of snapshots in general would really be a great feature. Please Arlo!!!

PadreZywiec
Follower

I agree, possibility to schedule taking pictures will be awesome. I monitor the construction of my house, and I don't need to connect to camera often. But after the end of the day, it would be nice to look at how a building grows without a lot of battery life.

LndRvr
Fledgling

I would like to take a picture at the same time every day. Why can’t that be an option? Seems simple enough.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

ArntRian
Fledgling

I support the idea of scheduled photos. I really miss that option. 

I also miss the possibility store photos/movies a longer time than 1 month. A year could be nice - or endless storage, depends on costs of course. 

ArloinTX
Novice

We would love the ability to have a little scheduler built into the app such that each camera could have it setup to send a 10 sec video or a quick picture at a certain time (e.g., 12pm, 3pm, 7pm, etc) to a specific E-Mail address.  That way if we have a camera on a Deli Counter, as an example, this new solution could send pictures of Deli stock at key times that we could do exception management against instead of having to login to the cameras at each location to review manually.  It's fine as we only have this solution at one place today, but I'm just thinking through how it would be if we rolled it out at 20 or more - we'd need more of an automated solution that we could easily review vs. manually logging in and waiting for the screen to load/etc.

Thoughts on a way to account for something like this?  You can already send video out to E-Mail upon movement, so this should be really easy to incorporate if, again, a simple scheduler could be built and incorporated in the app.  Thoughts on this capability?

Thanks so much for considering!