Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Rotate image 90 degrees

I've got my Arlo focused on the walkway leading up to my house which is longer than it is wide. Arlo currently allowd me to rotate the image 180 degrees so I can mount it upside down, A 90 degree rotation would let me turn the camera on its side and have more vertical resolution where I need it.

Comments
petemoss
Novice

Any news on this? I've just bought some Arlo cameras and this feature would be really useful

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Future Consideration

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

moallen
Novice

Any news on this feature?  I have a camera that is rotated 90 degrees to show the area that I need to watch. This feature would be helpful. It would also be encouraging that the company responds to user requests.

kamilkisiel
Novice

Image rotation 90/270 deg

ckm365
Novice

For those of us with long hallways (which apparently doesn't include anyone in the Arlo team...) this is a must have. It's also extremely useful in making cameras less obvious as they are much lower profile on their sides, esp. when on a shelf.

The problem is compounded by the fact that, at least in the iOS app, you can't use rotation lock after going full screen....

This is a stupid simple feature to implement, pretty much every Arlo competitor has it and there is already some rotation code in the software.  I understand that rolling this out across 3 different code bases (iOS, Android & web) is a little more complicated, but still, people have been requesting this for years.

marn1975
Novice

Please have this simple feature included soon.  I am concerned that a request put up as early as 2015 is still not realized 2 years later.

Please listen to the voice of your customers, it will be too late to implement all these after your customers moved away to other competitor's products.   

Faulkan
Novice

Same for me.  I have a very narrow entryway to my front door and rotating 90° would allow me to see from the street to the door.  At the height I have mine mounted to keep it out of arms reach, it will not tilt low enough to see anyone standing against my front door and it’s tilted too low to see the street.  Please implement a 90° Rotation option.

Ditto - really need 90 degree rotation feature. I agree with everyone on the thread: the product itself is great, works really well, but such a simple basic feature first requested in 2015 still not available?! Please please add 90 deg rotation!

CEF
Novice
Novice

I'll add my request as well.  This thought/request has been around for a couple of years and the coding is clearly in the system to rotate 180.  How difficult could it be to add 90, and even 45 of variable?  This simple upgrade would make this system so much more effective.  PLEASE, arlo, listen to your customers...