Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Rotate image 90 degrees

I've got my Arlo focused on the walkway leading up to my house which is longer than it is wide. Arlo currently allowd me to rotate the image 180 degrees so I can mount it upside down, A 90 degree rotation would let me turn the camera on its side and have more vertical resolution where I need it.

Comments
dougblair
Apprentice
This request fir 90 degree rotation option is 4 years old and is in “Future Consideration” status. Is the future here yet? I have the same hallway/sidewalk issue at two locations (of 14 Arlo cameras) and can vouch that smart can tell the difference between people and animals. Doug
Aviv
Novice

Agree, 90 deg view is not just a great feature to have but more than that. It will allow us to get even more out of an already very good system. Please implement!

peetdk
Aspirant

Arlo, come on . Bring 90 deg rotate to the software  

@pcom wrote:

I've got my Arlo focused on the walkway leading up to my house which is longer than it is wide. Arlo currently allowd me to rotate the image 180 degrees so I can mount it upside down, A 90 degree rotation would let me turn the camera on its side and have more vertical resolution where I need it.

Gothifi
Novice
Lack of 90 degrees rotating. Would be easier for end users to rotate 90 degrees step than 180 degrees
TomMac
Guru

best to be posted here in the "wish list"  ( if there add kudos )

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

JC-Coats
Onlooker

I have one of my cameras located at my front door that is indented with walls on each side. To get better view of the walkway and packages at the door, I had to turn the camera on its side. It would be most helpful if I could get a portrait view rather that a landscape view. Please consider making this improvement.

JC-Coats
Onlooker

I have one of my cameras located at my front door that is indented with walls on each side. To get better view of the walkway and packages at the door, I had to turn the camera on its side. It would be most helpful if I could get a portrait view rather that a landscape view. Please consider making this improvement.

dennismccreery
Onlooker
This idea has at least 14 pages of comments, almost all responding favorably. It has been on to the "Wish List" for some time now. Arlo management seems to continue to ignore it. Reference: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Rotate-image-90-degrees/idi-p/337 https://community.arlo.com/t5/Features/Rotate-image-90-degrees/m-p/182#M6419 Seems like a relatively simple change to the code for the Web and App pages to allow image rotation. Not sure why this is not being addressed.
Arlo_user2
Aspirant

I encourge all the arlo members to go to the Apple app store and give the ARLO app a 1 star rating.   It's been too many years with nothing done.

rsb38
Onlooker

I agree strongly with the suggestion. It would be a great improvement to enable 90 degree rotaion.

I haven't scanned comments on other user suggestions, but it would be useful if someone from Arlo responded to user suggestions so that we could all see the status of suggestions  received - whether it's under consideration, scheduled for implemneation (& by approximately when) - or, in some cases, why the suggestion can't be implemented.