Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Rotate image 90 degrees

I've got my Arlo focused on the walkway leading up to my house which is longer than it is wide. Arlo currently allowd me to rotate the image 180 degrees so I can mount it upside down, A 90 degree rotation would let me turn the camera on its side and have more vertical resolution where I need it.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

jeff_757,

Mounting your camera sideways will not make it more susceptible to weather damage. All Arlo wire-free cameras are designed to withstand outdoor conditions regardless of orientation when mounted.

JamesC

dhere
Tutor

Yes please, there must be enough requests now to rotate image 90 degrees

@pcomwrote:

I've got my Arlo focused on the walkway leading up to my house which is longer than it is wide. Arlo currently allowd me to rotate the image 180 degrees so I can mount it upside down, A 90 degree rotation would let me turn the camera on its side and have more vertical resolution where I need it.

spmilb
Onlooker

Has this REALLY been a request since June, 2015 and it is not a feature yet?  With the aspect ratio of the cameras, this is not an off-the-wall feature request! 

I've owned my Arlo for almost a year now and have not noticed any improvements.  Are you continuing to improve this product?  Are you listening to your customers?

benny02r
Fledgling

Any way of adding a camera view of 90 degrees. That way we can mount camera on side and view it this way. I have a narrow space that would be better to capture video like this.

Jamjinx
Follower

This would be a great feature. My front door entrance area is narrow and rotating the image 90 degrees would allow for perfect coverage. 

jakeawhite
Initiate

Would love to have this feature for my front walkway!

SpeedB
Novice

Please add this feature!

The_Wraith
Apprentice
The camera on all Arlos are conular....i.e. they are circular in design. There is no reason the control of angle and adjustment couldn't be a full 360 degree configuration setting instead of manually tilting a camera. Instead of mounting a camera on a wall and physically rolling it right or left to "level" the image you could just mount the camera in whatever position made sense - then log onto the camera and adjust the "rotation'". Right now the product only allows you to 180 degree flip an image. Make that a slider bar (or user entered value) where the image can be rotated... 35 degrees left, or maybe 12 degress right. There is no reason the adjustment of the angle of the camera couldn't be done in software, versus hardware.
CG13
Initiate

can also rotate the image 90 °

Arlo_user2
Aspirant

Please add 90 degree rotation ASAP..   I have a narrow alley that would benifet from a 9x16 aspect rather than 16x9.