Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Rotate image 90 degrees

I've got my Arlo focused on the walkway leading up to my house which is longer than it is wide. Arlo currently allowd me to rotate the image 180 degrees so I can mount it upside down, A 90 degree rotation would let me turn the camera on its side and have more vertical resolution where I need it.

Comments
Dringho
Novice

Please need this feature as well!! =(

ianhurwitz
Aspirant

What idiot decided that a camera could rotate 180 degrees  - but not offer a 90 degree. Concidering the view is normally a wide view the the camera should have a warning label attached explainng that the camera is useless and therefore dagerous if it can’t see down a passage way - the picture is blind except to the walls on either side of passage way with no ability to look down the passage.

FIX IT

camerator
Fledgling

I also think this functionality is sorely needed and long overdue. Please implement it... 

DutchBoss
Fledgling

Come on Arlo, you can do it...it's really not that hard;-)

In Holland/The Netherlands we all have very narrow but deep gardens which we like to secure......in landscape we can't cover the whole garden so portrait mode is the way to go. We now all suffer from severe neck-pains since we always have to rotate our heads to view the video's on our mobile devices captured by the Arlo's......

It's been almost 3 years since the first request for this functionality........please safe our beloved necks.

angiesktl
Novice

I'm joining the community in asking that Arlo release a software update that allows for rotating camera images 90 degrees.  I have a camera that I installed on the inside wall of an awning above my front door, so it sits sideways - example image attached.  It's the best place to install the camera for the best images and motion detection at my front door, so right now I am just having to turn my head a little sideways to view the recordings.  Thanks Arlo!

sergeantawesome
Aspirant

I just got this camera system and was disappointed to see that is not an option.  Very long and narrow areas would be great for 90-degree rotation as I have one.  I cannot get the coverage I need and get plenty of coverage I do not in its current configuration.

BertBushey
Onlooker

@DaneA - is there a planned dev/release for the 90 degree video rotation cabability?  Right now I have to flip my phone about to get a good look.  Or download a video from the ArloCloud and use a separate App to flip it.  Sort of a pain.   

Thanks..  Robert

bdogg97
Fledgling

This would be a great feature for us as well.  We have a tall, narrow entry to our house and could maximize the video resolution by turning the front door camera 90 degrees.  Help us out Netgear!!!

Rjbnash
Fledgling

Bump!

jeff_757
Star

I think our mistake is that we think Netgear reads these comments.  Has anyone who has mounted their Cameras sideways had any issues with water getting in?  The battery door is designed to be water resistant when mounted vertically.