Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Rotate image 90 degrees

I've got my Arlo focused on the walkway leading up to my house which is longer than it is wide. Arlo currently allowd me to rotate the image 180 degrees so I can mount it upside down, A 90 degree rotation would let me turn the camera on its side and have more vertical resolution where I need it.

Comments
ditto123
Novice

yes, please add this feature!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to turn the camera on its side because your motion detection algorithm apparently is more effective when motion is panning from left to right (I am sure I am not the only one that had to do this for their circumstances!)

RobbyArlo
Novice

Same issue here. Seems like a simple feature to add.

SDale
Novice
Another reason to allow image rotation is that if you have to ceiling mount, unlike the original VueZone, you can't tilt the tall, narrow camera enough to get a good forward view. You can if its on side, but now the image is off by 90 degrees.
Bluecewe
Aspirant

This feature was first requested well over a year ago, and yet it has still not been introduced.

It is difficult to imagine that this would be difficult to achieve. Arlo already has a framework for this kind of feature given its support for rotating the image by 180 degrees. Theoretically, it should be a straightforward matter to make use of that same framework, but for 90 degrees.

Even if it were not entirely straightforward, it is clear that many users would like to see this feautre, and this has been the case for well over a year now. Arlo should really introduce this feature.

RonLewis100
Novice

I would also like to add a request to be able to rotate in increments up to 90 degrees.  A zoom option would be nice as well. While the existing functionality to increase the picture size is helpful, zooming would also be great.  

BrianP514
Aspirant

I too really need a 90 degree rotated view. 2ofvmy 3 cameras are rotated 90 degrees due to their location and subject of interest. Please add this capability. 

Is there ever going to be a portrait view. It would be nice to capture a hallway type setting correctly. It would allow me to capture the walkway up to my front door correctly. I've read where people have requested this but it seems nothing is ever updated. Please give us a yes it will happen or a no, it's not going to happen in our life time answer.
JamesC
Community Manager

JacksonBrothers,

Could you add a bit more clarity to this idea? Do you mean a feature to allow the camera to be rotated? If so, this already exists within camera settings as the "invert camera" feature (this is a 180 degree invert). Is this a request for a similar feature but instead a 90 degree invert?

Thanks for submitting your idea!

JamesC

Liem
Guide

Yes, please have the option to able to rotate image 45 or 90 degree. Are you listening, Netgear?

JamesC
Community Manager

Liem,

I assure you that the Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. While I do not have any information on this particular topic at this time, we greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation.

I encourage you to continue offering valuable feedback and continue to support good ideas by giving Kudos.

Thank you,

JamesC