Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Revise two-factor authentication on my.arlo.com to support macOS and iOS auto-copy & paste of code

It's not a huge issue by any means, but every time I log into my.arlo.com on my Mac, and I go through the 2-factor authentication by receiving an SMS message with my code, I wish that the web page would support the macOS and iOS feature that will auto-copy/paste the authentication code into the web page.

But due to Arlo's formatting of the code entry process, it does not work.   I imagine it would be a minor programming change to allow it to work, and little things like that, that make the login process smoother, would be a benefit to many users.

Comments
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

garyk1000
Tutor
It would also be helpful if the 2-factor authentication used either Microsoft or google authentication services to ensure more simplicity and efficiency in using the service. SMS isn't the most reliable method of sending a code - as there are cases where hackers steal SIM card access. Using an authentication service would require the hacker know which authentication service, and the password to your authentication service. While all of that is available, it does make it more difficult for the hacker.
KoenVanlent
Follower

I encounter serious problems when trying to login with dual authentication (2FA). I receive an SMS on my phone with 6 digits, however I cannot type more then 5 characters into the security page. If I choose another method, the verification via Phone, I never receive a push notification so cannot confirm my authentity. It's hard but I have to disable the 2FA of my Arlo account... I agree with the remarks above (if it should work).

Oh yeah, I tested this on Windows 10 with Chrome and Edge, both have the same issues.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

Hi @KoenVanlent

Are you still experiencing this issue with your two factor authentication?

Kenny566
Fledgling

I have had this problem today, I have had to enter my "Arlo one-time authentication code"  five times this evening on my desktop windows 10 computer. Maybe it should be renamed to "every time you log on authentication code".

I am not expecting any help from Arlo as I cannot find anyway of contacting them direct..

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

@Kenny566

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support