Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Adjustable sensitivity for switch to nightime black and white mode

One thing that would be nice is an advanced feature where you could adjust the sensitivity of when the camera switches to black and white night mode. When either my Pro or Pro 2 is just on the cusp of daytime/nightime, the picture quality if horrible. Very noisy and pixelated, but only when on that line. Being able to make it take more light before switching would be helpful, as the black and white picture quality is outstanding. 

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Dymo33,

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thanks for posting your idea!

APRM
Onlooker

I have a 150 watt automatic Daylight LED front porch light for security. At night if I turn on the camera's night vision (Arlo Pro 2 HD) the resolution and image quality drops considerably compared to the camera's automactic black and white mode. This is especialy true for capturing license plate numbers, the reflections kill it. The Black and White mode is EXCELLENT (as good as and sometime better than the daytime color mode), HOWEVER, it will shift into color mode with small changes in reflected light and security details are lost in dark shadows.

I'm requesting a firmware update that would allow the Black and White Mode to be enabled and overide the color mode as needed. 

Thanks for your secutiy upgrade consideration.

Georgezed
Initiate

Attention engineering. Is it possible to create firmware update that stops the Arlo Pro 2 camera from switching to black and white in low light conditions? Or at least lower the threshold of light required? I am very disappointed to have the camera record in black and white (when IR is switched off) in low light. The original Arlo Pro does not behave like this and never records in black and white when IR is switched off. Yes I have spoken to technical support and this is expected behaviour for the Arlo Pro 2, but would like to see if you can add the function of disabling black and white, regardless of light conditions, when not recording with IR. 

Georgezed
Initiate

This and the option to turn on colour at all times (except IR mode) would also be great

Georgezed
Initiate

Or the option to completely turn off black and white! (Except when in IR mode)