Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Remove session timeout

1. This session timeout drives me crazy! I'm 100% sure others feel the same way.  I hate to have to keep reconnecting the cameras everytime it times out.  I want to be able to keep the app opened on my ipad without any disruptions or even sign in to my account on my laptop and leave the live view running on my screen. That way, I have quick access to viewing the cameras.

2. It would also be nice if the cameras could automatically connect when you open the app, instead of aving to click on Live to connect each one.

If these don't get resolved in future updates, I'm moving on to something new.

Comments
Retired_Member
Not applicable

So sorry to have upset anyone. I am new to forum and though that commenting issues is the purpose. I will leave the forum and delete my community login. again sorry

mainplus
Fledgling

Hey you didn't upset me.  I was just disappointed that the Arlo team seemed to have chosen to ignore the request to provide a way to disable the timeout for browser sessions.

mainplus
Fledgling

Just to be clear.  I don't need continuous live streaming (I've seen the concerns about battery life in other forums and understand the concern completely).  What I need is a browser session that doesn't time out and updates when an alert is received from one or more cameras. 

phoenixarlo
Novice

If the reason for live streaming timeout is concern of draining battery, why not disable timeout for plugged in cameras. Arlo certainly know if cameras are plugged in.

Also, what is the reason for web session timeout? These two 'features' really annoy lots of users.

StephenB
Guru

>>> @mainplus wrote

Just to be clear.  I don't need continuous live streaming (I've seen the concerns about battery life in other forums and understand the concern completely).  What I need is a browser session that doesn't time out and updates when an alert is received from one or more cameras. 

>>>

They really are completely different.

The browser session timeout is really nasty when combined with 2 factor authentication - they really should revisit this if they follow through with "2FA for all".

emoze
Aspirant

agreed - "The browser session timeout is really nasty when combined with 2 factor authentication"

obviously,  we have no choice on these issues -- can''t opt out  of 2FA  which is a major extra hassle on an iPhone

- nor are they going to fix the Flash problem even tho it's a dead

anybody who buys ARLO these days is just throwing away their $$$$$ imho

PLEASE - anybody - tell me what to buy that is better than this ARLO mess

K_CASEY
Novice

BROWSER TIMEOUT  --- SOLUTION --  🤔

Just run your ARLO session with the following add-on, and you can spend your remaining days watching your Goats eat, poop, and multiply!    Oh joy!

The FIREFOX Browser has an ADDON called "SESSION ALIVE" that will keep your ARLO Browser page from logging you out all the time.   You can just search for it in Google or whatever, or here is the link https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/keep-session-alive/ 

There's also this one 'mSession Keeper' --> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/msession-keeper/

- I hope this helps!    --Bahhhh!

Steven_Martin
Apprentice

Yet again. Another problem Admin.

4 times this week my system just decides to go OFFLINE, with the following message.

Check if it is powered up and connected to the Internet."

But there's nothing wrong.

So you turn off the base station "by hand" and bingo, it starts working again. Probably solved......BUT, what happens when you're not at home & it stops. You can't turn it off & back on.

I know when you go into "Settings", and under "My Devices" you can select the "Base Station", & then go to the bottom of the page on the left-hand side you can select, "Restart", which then obviously restarts the whole system manually from anywhere in the world, which is awesome........but when the base station decides to go OFFLINE for no apparent reason, this option is not available.....so the only option you have left is to drive all the way home from work & do a manual reset at the PowerPoint.

Why is this happening when my 2nd system works perfectly fine?

This is really annoying, it's inconvenient & not what I paid for when I spent 2 weeks pay on these systems.

This is not my first compliant (as admin knows) regarding these 3500.

I need a solution & I need it NOW.

I, along with all your original subscribers who brought into ARLO from the start, need you to not only concentrate on all your new customers but all your old customers to who helped build your business to what it is now.

We should not be forgotten.

One thing I've learnt in business is "Bad customer service will result in losses of income", especially when the topic comes up over a drink with friends etc.

Can you fix this problem.

Regards, Steve.

Steven_Martin
Apprentice

The Base Station keeps going offline for no apparent reason. 4 times this week.

This message comes up when you log on - "Your Base Station is offline".

The only way to reset your BASE STATION is to manually turn off by hand.

It works for 24 to 48hrs & then it happens again.

Only started this time last week.

Admin....What's going on??????

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Steven_Martin

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support