Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Remove session timeout

1. This session timeout drives me crazy! I'm 100% sure others feel the same way.  I hate to have to keep reconnecting the cameras everytime it times out.  I want to be able to keep the app opened on my ipad without any disruptions or even sign in to my account on my laptop and leave the live view running on my screen. That way, I have quick access to viewing the cameras.

2. It would also be nice if the cameras could automatically connect when you open the app, instead of aving to click on Live to connect each one.

If these don't get resolved in future updates, I'm moving on to something new.

Comments
FladII
Aspirant

Please remove the time out feature. I need these to be monitered 24-7 .

thedan424
Guide

This would apply to all models.

I am switching over to Arlo from Nest.  One item next offers that I have not been able to emulate is allowing me to stay logged in to the web app (no timeout) and stream cameras to a monitor.  I use this to give me the effect of a multi-camera security monitoring station.

Arlo's web timeout, single signin, and 5 camera limit make a replacement function unavailable at this time.

To balance, the option might include

- A setting or mode in the web app to indicate you are in 'monitor mode'

- A cycling through the cameras at a predefined rate, with

- An option to 'jump on motion' so that the cycling stops and you flip to a specific camera when motion is detected

- The ability to have this up in multiple instances and ALSO still be able to access the app.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Today 1-6-2020 both my laptop and my phone app constantly says Request Timed Out. Not good when I have a goat in the barn I should be watching for labor.

Steven_Martin
Apprentice

Why are my camera's, all 3 of them TIMING OUT? It's been happening for over a month now & it's driving me MAD. I find it only times out when I take a "Pic or DVD" & I can't access any of those "Timed Out Camera" for exactly 30 minutes.  My system has had no issues in 2 and a 1/2 years until now. Can somebody help?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

@Steven_Martin

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Steven_Martin
Apprentice

Thx for the reply Shayne.

No, I was hoping for maybe an "UPDATE LINK" or something similar (patch) that would work. Has there been one released in the last month or so?

Just for the record, I've never had a problem with the system until the NEW update was uploaded around 6 /8 months ago when "NETGEAR" had gone in a different direction. Ever since that update, camera's have lagged, drop-outs occur on a daily basis, camera's "TIME-OUT" as explained before. It's really inconvenient & annoying.

I actually have 2 x VMB4000 systems but this problem only happens on one. Strange.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

With so many posting about session timed out issues it should be a priority for netgear/arlo to have this issue fixed asap

Steven_Martin
Apprentice

Agree GOATFARMER. 

Have you received any correspondence or assists since your POSTING on this thread 10 days ago?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

No and I tried to get help from the posted link for contact support. Can't send off message for help. Will try to call

mainplus
Fledgling

I would like to add my support for the request from thedan242 above for a feature that prevents the website timing out.

I want to do exactly the same thing as @ thedan424.

I'm really dissapointed that his thread essentially got hijacked by @Retired_Member and as a result there has been no response to the original post by @thedan424 .

Please can you advise if there is a work-around to keep the website alive and/or what your plans are to facilitate the feature requested by @thedan424 ?

Many thanks

Dave