Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Remove access to camera for a single user with one device

We just bought the Arlo Baby and want to share the camera to our parents (nannies) when they take care of the baby during one day of the week. But when they are not babysitting we want to simply remove access to the camera. Right now it's not possible because the Arlo Android app and also the web app require you to always have at least one device enabled.

See settings -> grant access -> uncheck the only device the shared user has and you'll see the save button becomes greyed out.

So my suggestion is to remove the restriction for shared users to always have at least one device enabled.

See for more information: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Baby/How-to-revoke-access-without-deleting-a-person/m-p/1717153/h...
Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Will this issue ever be picked if it doesn't get any hearts? I mean this is probably not a huge deal for people who don't have the Arlo baby monitor. For us it is deal breaker. This would mean we would have to buy a separate smartphone to solve the problem.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Bump.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Bump again. Seriously do you even care about you customers? I read lots of bad reviews about people who bought the Arlo Baby. Terrible support, not listening to customers and having to be connected through the Netgear servers for the product to work. I thought Netgear had better reputation then this.

vanessaforney
Fledgling
Since I use my cameras for trapping cats, I often lend them out to the same people. When I get the camera back or I lend it to someone else, I want to be about to remove them from access to the camera. But when I uncheck the camera, it blurs out the save button.

I think the intention with this implementation was that if you remove them from all cameras then you should remove them as a friend. But this is usually temporary and so it would be great to still be able to keep them on the list, and just temporarily remove access.

It’s annoying to keep adding and removing them because the log in process is difficult, and often when I remove them they end up in this state with receiving movement notifications but having no access to the camera.

It would be great if we could just uncheck the camera and still hit save, so I keep them on my friend list and not have to go through the adding process and difficult removing process (when there is a bug).

Thank you!