Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Remove Alarm Siren

The current option for disabling the Alarm Siren involves physical removal of the speaker from the base station. Arlo's apps are designed to accidentally activate the 100 decibal alarm with no volume control. It would be nice of Arlo offically supported an option to remove the Alarm Siren completely. See this community thread for more details:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Disable-or-Remove-Siren-Option/td-p/1211356

Comments
JJS68
Luminary

I see the new 4k Arlos comming out 1st qtr next year have sirens, I hope they can be disable in the device config like microphones and speakers can be

firehog95
Novice

I would like to be able to remove/disable the siren feature. The thumbnail is in a very bad spot and can be easily/mistakenly turned on due to its proximity to the expand thumbnail used to make the screen larger/smaller. At the very least, move the siren icon to a different spot on the app so that it is not mistakenly turned on. 

Can the Activate Siren feature on the phone notification be disabled entirely?  I dislike how easy it is to activate it by mistake.

JJS68
Luminary

I wish there was a way to totally disable the siren system-wide if we do not want them going off ever (a disable option)

especially disable from the app, as would hate to set off accidentally when away from home

at the very least require a pass code to set off manually

I took the speaker out of the base on current one, but with it now built-in the camera itself do not want to have to take apart, only reason I do not upgrade to newer cameras