Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Shared Access - Ability to Restart Camera/Devices

If sharing access to other email addresses, when granting Admin access, other people should be allowed to restart the device/camera.

There's a number of times where ArloQ has gone off into Lala land and only the owner can restart.

Having the ability to restart the camera from any account would help for other people that have to view the feed.

The restart process should also be able not to be stopped by someone logged in or viewing the camera at the time. It's Admin access and at any time it should be able to be restarted forcefully if need be.

Comments
QuadT
Tutor
Need an option to reboot camera remotely. Mine is plugged into a Powerbank.. The Powerbank stop charging it onces its full.

I need an option to reboot remotely so it wake up the Power Bank. and start charging again
Waizu
Initiate

Will be super helpful to grant access to the restart button for all admin (granted admin rigths). Not only the power user only.

We have an Arlo Baby, and sometime the camera just freeze and need to be restart. When I’m away, it’s more complicated for my wife to unplug the camera that is install with difficult access while taking care of our small child. It will be easier to just have to do it from the app, as I have access to this but not her, even though she have granted admin rights.

steve_t
Master

How often has this happened? I don't think I've ever had mine freeze and need restarting

Waizu
Initiate

At least every two weeks, the Arlo need to be restart. The mobile app is working, but can’t have live feed, so I restart it from the app, and we are good for a week and a half, two tops.

steve_t
Master

Have you contacted support about this issue?

LouisEagle
Tutor

A rep I spoke with recommended I offer the suggestion here that we be able to reboot one specific camera  if it goes offline.

WileyHome
Novice

How did you reboot the camera?

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Yes please. One of the Arlo Pro 2 cameras wasn't fully working (not motion detection) and removing and reinserting its rechargeable battery fixed it. However, it was physically a pain to do that.