Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Put the battery indicator back

Having spoke to your Chairman and CEO on email they agree that this is a major problem for multiple camera users. Before the update A user could tell immediately by scrolling down and simply looking at their iPhone how much charge each of their cameras had left. Now to check out that data on 32 cameras I have to make 96 clicks (clicking the three dots then the device settings then the back arrow to see whether a battery needs replacing? Why would you do this? If you are going away for the week or two you need to replace or charge all batteries on Less than 40% / 50% you simply can’t wait for a notification on 15%. Why because you are not there. Simply scrolling you could tell which needed charging and didn’t have to click 96 times and if you forget or get distracted you have to do it all again. A massive oversight sonolease can you put this back. I also noticed last night a camera message came through telling me I only had 15% juice left yet it didn’t mention which of the 32 cameras it was? Again do I really need to make up to 96 clicks to check? Only this morning when a 10% message came through did it mention the exact camera and if I’m going out how can I charge it? Thanks
Comments
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

I would sure Appreciate if you could Also Mention to the CEO about the REST OF THE MISSING ICONS from the Recent Firmware Change:   

The Icons took Little Space and Did Not Interfere with the Pictures being Shown!  Now the status of Each Camera for Audio Detection (On/Off), Motion Detection (On/Off), WiFi Signal Strength & USB Storage Functional are No Longer Visible at a Glance!  The Most Important of these is the Running Man to Show IF the Camera Motion Detection is ACTUALLY ON?  I have discussed this with Level 2 Support and they Appear Not Interested?  

o-cloughie
Tutor

ActionMedford I have emailed the CEO and passed on your concerns... 👍

RGS
Fledgling
Fledgling

Please put the battery icon indicator back on the main page.  It is not a good idea to have to look at each camera individually to check the battery status.  This was a step backwards.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

RGS,

Hello Arlo Community, Thank you for sharing your feedback on the recent interface changes for iOS and Android devices that we rolled out with the Arlo App v2.6.0 update. We want you to know that we heard your concerns and our team will work diligently to address them. Your input is instrumental to ensure that our teams are able to continually enhance and improve your Arlo experience through each new update. Android users may already be aware that for the Arlo App v2.6.2 update the battery icon was reintroduced on the devices screen for each camera. We’re actively working on reinstating this feature for iOS devices. Along with the changes to the battery icon placement, the Arlo App v2.6.0 update also included changes to several other status icons including signal strength, motion and audio indicators, quick filtering, etc. Our team is currently working to restore these icons to the main devices screen and we will provide an update when available. We sincerely appreciate your candid feedback and look forward to continuing the conversation with our highly engaged community of Arlo users. Thank you, Arlo Development Team

Arnetb1
Fledgling

Agreed!!!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

Hi Arnetb1, Here is he latest announcement 

Hello Arlo Community,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the recent interface changes for iOS and Android devices that we rolled out with the Arlo App v2.6.0 update. We want you to know that we heard your concerns and our team will work diligently to address them. Your input is instrumental to ensure that our teams are able to continually enhance and improve your Arlo experience through each new update. Android users may already be aware that for the Arlo App v2.6.2 update the battery icon was reintroduced on the devices screen for each camera. We’re actively working on reinstating this feature for iOS devices. Along with the changes to the battery icon placement, the Arlo App v2.6.0 update also included changes to several other status icons including signal strength, motion and audio indicators, quick filtering, etc. Our team is currently working to restore these icons to the main devices screen and we will provide an update when available. We sincerely appreciate your candid feedback and look forward to continuing the conversation with our highly engaged community of Arlo users. Thank you, Arlo Development Team

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Implemented

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Implemented