Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push notification for disarmed mode

Quite often, for various reasons, I put my cameras into disarmed mode (i.e. geofencing didnt work, or I am home at a time when the cameras are on a schedule to be armed), but I forget to re-arm the cameras again later that day (especially overnight).  I think it would be great if you could schedule a push notification if Arlo is in a certain mode for a certain period of time.  So for example, a push notification if the cameras are still in disarmed mode at 10pm at night.  Or perhaps a regular reminder, like a push notification every 3 or 6 hours to remind me that the cameras are still in disarmed mode.

Perhaps I am the only one with this problem - but a proactive reminder about the state of the cameras would be great imo.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Gutley
Aspirant

I have a similar suggestion - It would be good to be able to "Disarm until..." and then specify either an explicit actual date/time to re-arm it or a number of days, hours or minutes.

Often when working around the front of the house I disarm the system so as not to waste battery nor trigger multiple notifications. Currently I just Disarm it manually but have to hope I remember to re-arm later, which may not be possible by the time I rememebr (i.e no internet coverage etc)

michaeldenise
Follower

Thats sounds like a great idea, and perhaps a better solution to my problem too.

A slight alternative to your suggestion would be a delay to activating a mode - so relating this to our issues, we would disarm, and then set an arm mode based on a delay (i.e. turn on mode "schedule" in 20 minutes time).  Reason why I think this is a good idea, is because it has wider benefits/implications - i.e. if I am leaving my house, and want to set the arm mode, but I want a few minutes to get to my car and back down the driveway, I could get Arlo to set all my cameras to armed mode in 10 minutes time.

wayneph
Aspirant

Mute email and push notifications temporarily could also be an option in this use case.  In this scenario it would allow recordings to continue but not notify.  I would hate to set a 10 minute window and have the cameras miss something becuse they hadn't turned on.  Let it record, just don't alert me.

TheGardners
Aspirant

I actually REALLY like this idea... I want to receive a push notification when my arlo system has been changed to Disarmed mode. The intent is to allow for some collaboration with local family members while also knowing if and when the system is disarmed so that I can know by whom, at what time, etc. 

I was trying to find some other method (such as IFTTT) to detect when the system gets disarmed so that I can receive some form of notification, but I cannot find any means to do this. If there is a way, I'm all ears.