Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Push Notification During Particular Time

My business was burglarized at 11pm several months ago. One of my Arlo camera batteries was dead so I missed who was in the lobby vandalizing the office; however, one of the burglars walked through the classroom and was captured on video with the other Arlo camera. I had turned off the push notifications previously because we were bombarded with hundreds of notifications during the day. I wish there was an ability to have push notifications "on" during certain times of the day (i.e. when the business is closed). If I had received a notification when the 2nd camera captured movement during non-business hours, I could have logged onto the computer and known my business was being burglared and called the Police immediately. It's just a suggestion as it would have really helped me. 

Comments
Txcatnap
Fledgling

Rather than having only the option to turn emails on or off for motion detection, add an option for a summary email for a chosen period of time, such as once per day, every 4 hours, every hour, etc. that way I don't have 10 million emails coming into my inbox.

pkarlo
Fledgling

I haven't received any e-mail notifications in 3 weeks.   How do I check if E-mail notification is on?

pkarlo
Fledgling

I haven't received any e-mail notifications in 3 weeks.   Previously I had received hundred since April. How do I set/check if I have e-mail notification on?

snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired
pkarlo, 1. Can you check if you have validated your email address? Go to Settings > Profile. See if there still is a link in red that tells you to validate your email address. 2. To check if email is enabled for your rules, go to Modes > Edit Mode > Edit Rule > Check Email Notification. Also confirm the email addresses in the rule is what you expect. Let us know...
pkarlo
Fledgling

This message came to my e-mail so it knows.   Also, I checked profile, the e-mail address is correct and no validate request.  Rules show e-mail when movement detected andit is the correct e-mail.

JamesC
Community Manager

pkarlo,

Try having notifications sent to a different e-mail. If a different e-mail works, it's possible the first one is blacklisted by your e-mail provider.

JamesC

Kb2lzh
Onlooker

I have not received any notifications since Dec.  everything is correct and notifications is turned on.  I have restarted everything, still no notifications.

JamesC
Community Manager

Kb2lzh,

The toggle for notifications is now per camera and located in the camera rules. Navigate to Mode > click the pencil for your active mode for motion detection > click edit for the desired rule you want to edit > make sure push notifications are enabled.

JamesC

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Archived - Not Enough Votes

TomMac
Guru

you can do this now.....

set up and create a custom modes thet you use to arm the cameras, one with alerts on and one with alerts off....

then use schedule with these two modes;  to have alerts active at the night time when closed ( and off during day )