Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Please add option to enable Night Vision AUTO change time setting

Please add a NIGHT VISION option to set your night vision brightness times.

EG: It gets dark at 9pm - all cameras up their night vision brightness to your set setting.

Morning: It dawns around 6am and the cameras night vision returns to daylight setting, so not as too record very bright videos.

Is this too hard to do?

Comments

Seems like that would require manual changes every so many days as the hours of daylight change throughout the year..latitude dependent, of course.  Does the automatic setting based on the actual level of light at any given time, not do what you need?   Mine seem to go into night mode when it is dark and day mode when it is light.

Mobis
Apprentice

Is yours the pro or pro2?

Mobis
Apprentice

Yes , if the change was made to mode settings we could manually change the times to suit, shouldn't be hard to do. Would be even better if there was like a light sensor to adjust itself.

@Mobis wrote:

Is yours the pro or pro2?

I own Arlo-Q, Q Plus, Original Arlo Wire Free, Pro and Pro 2 cameras.  They all switch in and out of night mode automatically.

@Mobis wrote:

Yes , if the change was made to mode settings we could manually change the times to suit, shouldn't be hard to do. Would be even better if there was like a light sensor to adjust itself.

There is!

Mobis
Apprentice

Ok seems I have to add more detail to this post.

Under your VIDEO settings there is a brightness slider, I want  an option to set a TIME to brighten it all the way up during the night and a TIME to bring it back down in the morning.

Sorry for the confusion, I'm a master of that lol.

brbower
Tutor

This is a very basic quality of life improvement for Arlo users. I want to spend less time managing the brightness on the cameras every single day. 

Give me the option to configure which level of brightness the camera applies based on if it's daytime, or night vision is enabled. E.G. -1 during the day, +2 during the night.