Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Peephole camera

Netscape/Arlo could offer an optical peephole adapter for the camera.

Using arrays of fiber optic based light pipes?

The main lens would collect an image through a large bundle of fibers and the IR illuminators could use a separate group fibers surrounding the main lens.

The back of a door is stong enough to support 2 or 3 battery packs for 6-12 months of unattended operation.

On the front of the door the camera would look like any peephole lens.

Or just repackage the antenna into a purpose-built peephole adapter?

Sure would be nice to have a straight on view of someone's face as he/she approaches the door.

Several companes make peephole cameras already.

Could Arlo offer a connection for external cameras?

Do digital cameras follow a standard bus?

Comments
Syed_munir22
Novice

Are you guys going to make a peephole camera? There aren't any good options out there, and the door bell doesn't work for my condo.. Please make a peephole camera, we need those for the condos. Which has the same free cloud service, and can be accessed with the app. 

MRChelsea71
Novice
Why haven’t you got a peephole camera on the market yet? We don’t all live in a desirable neighbourhood... won’t put my cameras outside as they will be stolen. Therefore your Arlo doorbell system is disappointing ... I think I may have bought the wrong camera system and may have to look at alternatives
Some_Guy
Novice

+1 for the peephole camera. The area around my front door does not lend itself to a full camera and I've never been a fan of the doorbell cams - they're not very discreet.

Fridolf
Novice
<P>It seem the market is there, lots of apartment / condominium door have peephole, but not space for the door cam (with electricity wired supply)</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>There are plenty of products out there by China, but it is a missing market for the others global brands.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>any people concern about privacy and try to avoid these existing peephole camera end up have a hard time to locate a suitable product in the famous brand like Arlo or others.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>it would be extremely good for arlo to launch a new product to fill up the market.</P>
<P>It is huge in Asian countries, condominium is the main stream for majority people live and every door has a peephole.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Even Arlo is not decide to launch a specific product for peephole, it is still good idea to launch accessories to attach the existing/ new door cam in the peephole as peephole cam.</P>
PaPaAce70
Novice

Will Arlo make a actual peephole camera like the model that Ring makes? This would be a big seller for apartment and condo dwellers you’re not allowed to install things at the front door. Has anyone heard anything about this

hectoprotecto
Novice

I too have been waiting for an Arlo peephole or over-the-door system, like the Ring and Remo+ competitors