Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Panic mode to text alert local Police-EMS-Fire

Intergration with a "panic" button, and/or ability to configure Arlo system with manual means to alert the police. I can see how you could have Police emailed and texted with the current system but that would produce a lot of false 911's.

I'm think if I were home I could press a "panic button" that would alert police AND give them acces to the system/video library and live feeds (for the Arlo Q they could then talk with me about my sistuation).

Comments
Wilzy
Fledgling

It could be a handy feature to add a "panic" button into the app that you could press while viewing the live camera feed.  This would dial 911, or a number you could input such as the local police.  This would allow you to continue to monitor the video while the call is being placed.  It could be set up to only work with the live video feed.

JamesC
Community Manager

Wilzy,

Not a bad idea at all, thank you for sharing!

slim4684
Tutor

Would be great to have a "panic" mode that texted/called local police-fire-medics. Thoughts?

jguerdat
Guru

Maybe an IFTTT recipe?

slim4684
Tutor

If only I knew what that was!Smiley Very Happy

jguerdat
Guru

I don't use IFTTT (If This Then That) myself but may start dabbling in it in the future.  It's a way of connecting various smart devices to operate together through a set of instructions.  There's a hub involved which (I guess) provides the interconnection between the disparate devices.

Go to ifttt.com if it sounds useful.  There are folks here that have experience with this that may be able to help.

JamesC
Community Manager

I have relocated this topic to the Arlo Idea Exchange as there is not currently any mode or features that do this within the Arlo system.

As suggested above Arlo now works with IFTTT which could be a good solution. Take a look at the announcement, along with a link to the Arlo IFTTT channel here: Introducing IFTTT Integration

JamesC

MutedLion
Aspirant
Is it possible for something like this to work?
MutedLion
Aspirant

Pic 2Screenshot_20180224-195002.png

Screenshot_20180224-195112.png

ambieninfo
Fledgling
Ambien is the brand name of conventional prescription Zolpidem. Ambien is commonly utilized in therapeutic treatment to treat an individual who is experiencing restlessness, eagerness, and a sleeping disorder. This medicine is helpful for the treatment of patients who are experiencing side effects, for example, trouble staying unconscious or nodding off. http://ambiengenericonline.simplesite.com/