Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Outdoor alarm add-on or accessory to scare away intruder without waking neighborhood

-- I'm suggesting an External siren I can choose to *pulse quickly* a few short blasts --  or let it go continuously for 30 secs., or 60 secs., etc.

-- In the Forum, it lists the outdoor alarm issue as Solved ----- but it is *not* solved.

Only a Dlink workaround was suggested -- and it was noted that the Dlink alarm connected thru IFTTT is *not*loud enough to scare away intruder.

-- Controllable alarm is requested --  because

----- you don't want to wake the entire neighborhood if you are successful in scaring the burglar away with just a pulse or short blast of the Alarm. A controllable accessory Alarm you could mount inside (or outside) would make this system very solid. 

----- If the person persists, you could sound a louder alarm for a longer period, so that neighbors will call police or be warned there is danger in the area.

Scaring away the intruder is crucial --because thieves often *do not mind being on camera* and they know that police never show up in time to stop them from stealing.

------ A burglar who does not hear a loud alarm will simply continue robbing the house--even if he has seen or stolen your Arlo camera already..

So the Arlo system needs a loud, outdoor, controllable-from-the-app alarm.

(Contollable as to volume and length of alarm blast.)

Comments
faalmirol
Fledgling

Netgear will take a long time to produce a remote outdoor battery operated siren. Is there a way now to purchase, add on, and sync a remote outdoor siren using SmartThings IFTTT?

JamesC
Community Manager

faalmirol,

This may be possible. You would need to check the IFTTT Arlo channel for recipes that would potential allow this interaction between Arlo and other products.

JamesC

clex2
Guide

I thinking about pairing the D-Link wifi siren through IFTT.  I have a detached garage that could use this.  Might even double as a remote door chime with my SkyBell HD door bell.  Anyone try this yet?

PaulTopping
Guide
I need this too. Want to scare coyotes away from my back fence. Siren inside house just won't work.
carrielee2112
Initiate
It says the outdoor alarm or Siren issue is Solved but it is not.

Only a Dlink workaround was suggested -- and it was noted that the Dlink alarm connected thru IFTTT is *not*loud enough to scare away intruder.

A controllable accessory Alarm you could mount inside or outside would make this system very solid. 

Controllable because you don't want to wake the entire neighborhood if you are successful in scaring the burglar away with just a pulse or short blast of the Alarm. If the person persists, you could sound a louder alarm for a longer period so that neighbors will call police or be warned there is danger in the area.

Scaring away the intruder is crucial --because thieves often don't mind being on camera and they know that police never show up in time to stop them from stealing. A burglar who does not hear a loud alarm will simply go on robbing the house.

So the Arlo system needs a loud, outdoor, controllable-from-the-app alarm.

(Contollable as to volume and length of alarm blast.)

Model: VMC4030| Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
wilfredoM
Novice
Could an additional Siren be added to the system that could be placed outside and be triggered by the motion sensors or even manually? i love the siren feature that comes with the kit, but think an added siren that could be placed anywhere would be ideal. Definitely an item customers would buy.
Kkarisuma
Tutor

I'm waiting for Arlo to develop an outdoor siren. That would be perfect .

Kkarisuma
Tutor

It would be more better if the siren can be hear fron the outside.

I hope the developer do a siren to sync from the base and can be hear outside too.

So if anybody want to break in, the siren make sound to scare the intruders away..

That way you can take a vacation without worrying if someone break in while you are away..

Kkarisuma,

This is a good idea. I would also like it if Arlo could use my Echo devices as sirens so I have more than one.

StevenL
Star

If the price were reasonable, I would purchase an outdoor siren.  It's a good idea.  As long as it can be activated manually by the app.