Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Other objects to recognize such as shadows of tree, light passing, flying insects, and spider web

In the current version of arlo smart, I can recognize vehicles, people, and animals.  Here are other things that I'd like to recognize, in order to avoid getting notifications about them:

• shadows of trees on my concrete patio on a windy day
  • lights of passing cars reflecting off of cars in my driveway, or reflecting off of the driveway itself
  • flying insects as they fly in front of the camera (I think I reduced the occurrence of this by turning off the camera LED)
  • spider web floating in front of the camera lens

Comments
chainsaw2k
Follower

Here's another idea: train the machine learning to recognize when a car uses my driveway to turn around. I'd like to be able to ignore that activity. 

DoriJC
Luminary

I would also love a bug filter. One for "sitting on the lens and another for bug swarms looking like snow.

Jaums
Aspirant

Agree recognizing flying insects would be helpful.  I'm getting many alerts due to bumblebees buzzing around.  I have Auto Zoom & Tracking on and it's responding to the bees.

Seems to me the seemingly random zigzagging would be easy for AI to identify and thereby be ignored.

Although I have not noticed it (yet . . . ) birds taking an interest in something in a camera's zone could perhaps also be identified by AI.

So would be fast moving flying objects zigging and zagging.