Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Option to show the video before you answer the Doorbell call

The biggest problem with the Arlo doorbell is that you have to answer your phone before you can see the video. It should show the video and give you the option to answer.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Comorick
Novice
I want to answer my doorbell and see the camera at the same time using my echo show.
kenbyrne
Novice

When answering a video doorbell call on locked IOS device it doesnt open the video. I have to enter the passcode and then open the arlo app. Not a good experience

espcar
Novice

I just got an AVD2001 doorbell camera and there is one feature that is really missing on the app for this one.

So much that I've even contacted support to see if I had something wrong with my setup.

How it works now: When someone rings the doorbell, I get a notification on my phone that someone is at the door, the screen turns black with a white text saying "Arlo doorbell" and the standard red and green "phone" buttons to respond to the doorbell. It's first after I've pressed the green button that I can see who's outside the door. What also happens when you press the green button is that you open the mic to talk to the person outside.

Now why doesn't the app with the black screen show the picture of who's at the door, so I know who it is BEFORE I respond to the doorbell? There's plenty of room for that in the screen. And even only showing a still photo of who's at the door is progress from what the app is today.

This was the reason for getting a doorbell like this.

Really not sure what the usage is without being able to see who's at the door when the bell is rung.