Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro How to disable e911

I just downloaded the new version v2.5.3 and set up the e911 feature.  I can see me hitting that button by mistake so I would like to disable it but for the life of me can't figure out if it can be done.   Any info would be greatly appreciated!    Thanks!

Comments
Hatch9279
Guide

can someone please tell me how to disable e911.   I'm afraid I will hit that button sometime!!     Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager

Currently, once the e911 feature is setup, it cannot be disabled. We will however be implementing a feature to allow this soon.

JamesC

Snorri
Novice

Arlo! You’ve GOT to give us a way to disable e911. I know I’m bound to touch it by mistake - please hurry.

@JamesC wrote:

Currently, once the e911 feature is setup, it cannot be disabled. We will however be implementing a feature to allow this soon.

JamesC

Would be nice as accidental calls cost our emergency department uneeded expenses.

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

thank you for the reply, still waiting for a post as to how to fix this highly important issue now.  
update: 07/11/2018  e911 red bar stuck on/please help now/costing city $10000 on every call if accidentally touched,  arlo is responsible for all cost.     this is a highly unethical device setting/beware  it alerts the police, ambulance, costing thousands of dollars on each time alert accidentally goes off.   .     i shall not be responsible for arlo’s irresponsibilities on the app settings.   be aware their is no option to turn off.

Only WAY to FIX IS TO DOWNGRADE SUBSCRIPTION.  

Need help please look at Issue.  Ongoing for sometime.  

Thank you!  

This is the Truth cost Millions of Dollars.  If 991 is Alerted for no reason.  Fire Departments come, paramedidics, ambulance.  Not good.  Could be a Lawsuit against Arlo for all cost on each event if Alerted.   

Marksta
Onlooker

Yea this sucks I cant disable it. My 75 year old mom has called 911 2 times this week! ridiculous we cant disable it. I get charged the next time she accidentally presses the wrong button on her iPhone.