Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

One Camera triggers a schedule to arm all cameras.

I do not want to replace my alarm panel and all the sensors. But i can use one camera to sense the home alarm siren. That would trigger an Arlo Schedule to ARM all arlo cameras. Therefore, when a user is out of town for extended periods of time, the Arlo cameras would be off until an Intrusion is detected by the Home alarm system. Once an alert is received and cleared (or acted upon), then the Arlo system can remotely be returned to an unarmed mode. 

As we know, leaving cameras in active mode 24/7 will drain the batteries in a few days. Even if powered by solar panels, the batteries cannot keep up. Plus also if left plugged into AC, that would eventually kill the batteries. Arlo does not have a smart charger for cameras.

Any ideas to create this solution?

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!