Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Offline access to Live View and backups

Since a few days we own two arlo Ultra cameras. When the Internet went down for several hours last night, I noticed the weaknesses of this system. Although arlo has the hub and thus its own network, it is absolutely inaccessible to the owner. Why can't you just set up a web interface via localhost that allows the user to access Live View and backup even without an Internet connection? After all, this data is available locally. This would automatically open up the market for additional customers. This would make it possible to use the system in holiday homes without a fixed Internet connection. However, I think arlo is afraid of losing customers who currently subscribe to cloud services. Apparently this fear is greater than fulfilling the wishes of its customers. However, compulsively trying to impose services on customers almost always ends in an own goal. The competition is not sleeping and will offer a similar product without the aforementioned shackles. I hope, however, that arlo will soon recognize this and open the ankle cuffs, so that the customer can also exploit the full potential of this actually great system.  

Are you of the same opinion? Then please click on the heart (Kudo) above, so that our demand is also heard by the developers!

Comments
TomMac
Guru

When internet is down, as long as there is power, you should still be getting recordings to the backup mem card/speed stick.