Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Neighborhood Watch "Mesh"

HI, I'm looking into a security system which households could buy individually and install in their own homes. Have one camera pointed to the street, park etc. Then have just this camera shared with all residents (and allow police access)  for a neighbourhood watch scheme through the whole housing estate.

Is this possible with this system? I see a post previously with a smaller version of this, but there aren't many details of the practicality and usage, or whether this allows for police access.

cheers

Comments
BillyBobGA
Fledgling

Oh wow... so without that capability, I will not be purchasing any Arlo products. I already have the Google mesh system and my house is too large to only use a base ... there is no way it will cover all of my areas. I am currently testing a Reolink Argus 2 using my mesh and it works fine... no drop outs. I like the additional features of the Arlo Pro 2 system but this would be a show stopper for me. Couldn't my mesh network be used like and extended network from the Arlo?

alexgp77
Novice

I would like for Arlo to create an option in the app, where everyone can share there videos of possible intruders, or break-ins, people stealing packages,ect.. that way everyone can see whats happening around there area and be on the look out.

For example: A friend of mine that leaves in my neighborhood has Arlo Pro 2 and was able to record a teenager stealing a package from his front porch, almost two weeks later he told me about the incident and show me the video. I was able to recognized the teenager and showed him were he leaves...many incidents happen around our area without us even knowing that it happens and most of us dont even know if our neighbors have Arlo product. but it will be nice - 

If we can have an option where we can see post or videos of people around our area, just by including our Zip code or location, can help each other a lot.... We can call it Arlo Neighborhood Watch (ANW) or Arlo Alert.

Thank you,  Alex G

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

jjkeebler
Guide

Ring Announce on National TV that they have an App called Neighbors that connects Ring to Police Departments across the USA.  Arlo needs a similar function to allow local PDs to have access (with permission) to captured video or potentially livefeeds.

Morales915
Fledgling

Are there plans to have a neighborhood watch type app connected to Arlo for Arlo users where we can share information regarding suspicious activity or be on the lookout type information that could help other arlo users have that extra precaution within our certain areas/neighborhoods? I would be very interested in this as I do not live in the best neighborhood.

Thanks!!

Kirara
Novice

Hello! I have an Arlo Go! Love it.  We use it in our animal rescue to locate and humanely trap lost dogs. Our followers love to get frequent updates on our cases. I think it would be great to be able to post a link to the camera granting access for maybe an hour at a time for them to tune in. Like a watch party. Adding individual people would take too much time as we have about 1200 followers. 

Thanks! Kira 

MJanis
Guide

To be able to post / upload video in order to share activities with other homeowners who have other type of security cameras.   Right now "ring" only accepts video from "ring" products.  If Arlo developed a "Neighborhood App" where it would Arlo camera owners and other "security type camera" owners would have the ability to post their videos at "Arlo's Neighborhood App"

This would enhance the security of surrounding communities and also "Expand" Arlo's Exposure!