Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Need software upgrade to allow remote resetting of base stations and cameras...

While deployed more than 1,200 miles away from my home this year and last year, my base station went offline (for no apparent reason; no power outages), rendering my Arlo cameras blind and the security of my home in jeopardy. What's a blind security system worth? Absolutely nothing. I can't ask my elderly neighbors to climb up a ladder to remove the cameras, resync them with the base station and then remount them. There is an urgent need for base stations to be put back online remotely and an urgent need to resync cameras remotely (either via the app or logging into Arlo). Please ask your software engineers to make this a top priority. Thank you.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

me1234me
Tutor

It would be nice if there was another way to reset a camera and re-link it to the base station other than climbing up a ladder, removing the battery and/or holding the sync button.  I have 3 cameras installed and hardwired in locations that require a tall ladder to access.  I was sick of charging and replacing the batteries.  Now I am getting sick of having to reset and sync the cameras when they stop working for no know reason.

Suggestions:

#1 Option to manually reset cameras individually from app or web browser.  Allow sync via serial number entry and cycling A/C power to device that could be done without going up ladder.

#2 Option to sync cameras to base station after removing and re-installing base station on account via manually entering serial numbers.

#3 Have camera record QR code generated by Arlo on your account to initiate reset and sync.

Other suggestions welcome.  Does anyone have a solution to my situation?

sahnyc
Tutor

Hello:

How about a feature to reset the Arlo Go camera remotely - either via the App or online (or both)?

Being that the GO camera is meant to be used at an off site/remote location where no AC or internet is available, it makes no sense to have to have the camera in-hand or be at the same camera location in order to reset it.  Also, if a credit card is on file, the camera's plan should be renewed automatically, thereby keeping the camera online uninterrupted.