Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Need a way to watch videos from mounted USB drives on Arlo Pro base stations.

We shouldn't have to eject them and manually find the videos to watch. They should be accessible remotely as well via mobile apps.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Thank you, JamesC. 🙂

shammariba
Follower

I  totally agree with your comment! This will provide quite a significant improvement. 

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Yes, but let's see if they will improve their products and services from our feedbacks.

Gurumagic
Novice

Agreed, this should be a basic feature of having local media.

Andrzej81
Novice

I agree ,people have so many great ideas , and if netgear team would use at least few of those ideas that would make significant difference. And I know few of my friends would definitely invest in arlo like me.

scottpen
Novice

I would like this feature added also

redkian
Aspirant
Please!!!!!! Arlo's support for external storage is slightly better than non-existent. Meaning, it still sucks.. Adding this capability would help in this regard
R_W
Onlooker
Onlooker

Within the Arlo App (or if not possible another co-joined app) to view recordings stored on local USB storage.

Because the Base station is placed in an out of the way location, (so the "baddies" don't interfere with the system and internet,  the process of "Safe removal of USB device", then removing the storage device, then replacing storage device, then activating external storage device (so you don't miss anything), then plugging into PC, then sorting through the file list, is tedious, time consuming and awkard to say the least.

I have a 500GB SSD connected and enough storage for about12 months. Having to do this once a year I find completely acceptable.

Engineering - please try out the procedure as if you were in the real world and see for yourselves. A simple app to drag the file to a temporary location for viewing and possible saving would be great.

KenC
Apprentice

The ability for the app to be able to access the recorded videos will greatly improve the usefulness of the app and overall usability.  This ability to access local storage through the primary application is a function that is provided in many competive products.  Further, it's one of the few mitigation features Arlo could provide to soften the blow on removing "basic cloud storage".