Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

We really need the "fence/in range/gps/" option

I really liked the camera its just missing the autodetect if im in range or not, I know canary camera is doing it but I heard that the firmware and support are not good. Here to support and push for the fence/in range  idea. My problems of setting up rules with schedule is that during weekends im always in and out and its kinda tedious amr/disarm the system.

Here to support and push for the fence/in range  idea.

Comments
btcutter
Novice

GeoFencing is a fantastic feature!  It does need to support more rules though.  

#1.  When enabling multi devices GeoFencing should only "arm" when ALL devices leave the premises.

#2.  Allow rule to switch to different mode when returning home....ie. only front door, only front and back door...etc.

vanitalo
Fledgling
Geo fencing is good, but not so reliable for me as I live in a skyscraper which seems to mess with the location services. What would solve this is if the Arlo system would go into home mode when my phone with the Arlo app is on the same wi-fi network as the Arlo base station. When the phone disconnects from my home wi-fi then location services (geo fencing) can take over. This would stop Arlo from incorrectly arming my cameras because of inaccurate location data while I'm at home.
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for your idea!! This feature has been implemented with Geofencing feature now available.

Keep your great ideas coming! 

Thank you for being a part of the Arlo family!

Community Team

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Implemented in latest product

Great idea Francisj,

This is now being tested in the Geofencing (beta) feature. Keep the great ideas coming!

Thank you for being a valued member of the Arlo Family! 

Christine

Xanth
Novice
Agreed.
JamesC
Community Manager

This can be done using a mobile device adn the Geofencing feature: Take a look here for more information on Geofencing: How does Arlo Geofencing work and how do I set it up?

JamesC
Community Manager

Take a look at the Geofencing feature here: Arlo Support How does Arlo Geofencing work and how do I set it up?

JamesC
Community Manager

JamesC
Community Manager

montiff
Novice

Agree, I use IFTTT for this but it doesn't always work immediately usually a 3-5 minute delay.