Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Able to record video onto DVR, etc. and able to pause or freeze-frame video playback

Bought an Arlo CCTV system with five cameras a few days ago and so far I'm very pleased with it!

However people at Netgear, I've got a couple of suggestions for improving an already, very good system....

1: To be able to record video onto a DVR etc at home, just in case my Internet stops working at a crucial time and I can't save on the Cloud.

2: To be able to pause or freeze-frame video play-back, so that you could zoom in onto a vehicle license plate etc.

Thanks for listening.

Comments
bitmip
Tutor

At the moment through the web broswer interface, we can only seek the video play back only while the video is playing. It would be nice if we can seek through a recorded video while it is stopped or paused. This is basic usability when viewing videos that Arlo is lacking.

JohnR
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello bitmip, 

This is actually a good idea! What you can do is to submit it on our "Arlo Idea Exchange" page and give the post a kudo, the more kudos it gets the bigger chance it will be implemented. Click here to access the page. 

Hope that helps!

Thanks, 

JohnR

Arlo Team

groworganic
Tutor

Hi JohnR, 

Wondering if this feature will be developed? It seems like a pretty simple payback request that all other video players on the market have had for years. Without the pause function, we can't actaully see a clear enough picture for security purpuses. It would also be great to be able to print the frame that was paused. thanks

nicholshornlake
Luminary

I download the video, then pause it with windows media player.

jguerdat
Guru

Point #2 - you can pause and zoom the video while viewing via the web browser but not the app (at least not the Android app). In the browser, note the magnifying glass in the lower left corner of the video being viewed.  You can also download the video and do whatever you need with the appropriate software.

NekkedRunner
Initiate

System works very well. Quality great.

Only Negative and it is a BIG Negative, is that it will only save to their cloud drives.
Insecure System for a Security System.

I am not a fan of the Cloud Phenomenon in any way. Actually I hate the Cloud to be honest. Way too much information going out of my computer rather than in. 100% intrusion into my personal and private life, in all ways.

I would much prefer captures to be controlled by me as to where they get saved. Cloud saves SHOULD BE OPTIONAL.

If that means captures are inaccessible via a NetGear app, then so be it.   CHOICE.

For example:
If I or any family member accidentally get recorded on my indoor security cam, while walking around in the buff,

I do not want it saved to a NetGear Cloud Server.

That is expecting way too much TRUST in that nobody in NetGear or anywhere will have access to it.

Even after deletion,

I do not believe captures are truly DELETED from ANY Cloud servers, immediately and not recoverable.

Hula_Rock
Prodigy

Check out this suggestion and give it a "KUDOS".   Maybe if we get enough of them Netgear will listen.  A VERY simple IFTTT recipe would solve this.

USB Back up storage

apostlefw
Star

3 brand new boxes and three replacement cameras from Netgear in the last 2.5-3 months. 15 cameras and still there is no answers. No accountability. Case 25869435. All lies

WadeShuler
Star

These suggestions have been asked for a million times, and for about a year.. They seem to not care. I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented in latest product