Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Mute Notifications does not work on Arlo Baby

Arlo App "Mute Notifications" does nothing.  I have 4 baby cameras setup on a schedule.  Everyday I mute my notifications while my wife gets the kids ready. This morning I received 22 audio and motion notifications after I muted notifications for an hour while I waited for the scheduled monitoring time to end.  The only way to stop notifications is to turn off notifications on my Iphone. 

I have re-installed the app, and reset my iphone with no change.  

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi hawkeng,

The Arlo Baby camera can’t be muted. To prevent notifications on the Arlo Baby, select Monitoring Off in the Arlo app, edit an existing more, or create a new mode. You can read more about it here: What is the Mute Notifications feature and how do I use it?

hawkeng
Follower

I suggest that Arlo Software team considers changes to this functionality.  Most parents need the ability to mute the notifications.  I currently have 5 kids under the age of 4, am a foster parent who has raised 29 kids.  The Arlo baby camera has been stellar to this point, but the in ability to mute notifications is almost destroying the entire experience.   If a parent doesn't want to mute notifications they have the option to not to mute.  If I turn notification off, I must remember to turn them back on.   With most baby monitors I can see that it is turned off so I am aware that I need it on.  I have no way to know that notifications have been turned off until I dig into my phones menus.  Please consider a change to this design. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I'm moving your post to the Idea Exchange board. The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation.