Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Multiple subscriptions per account

The way the current subscription system is organized a user is punished for adding more cameras onto their Arlo system. For example I have a 4 camera ultra setup and I wanted to add two baby monitors. I thought that keeping in the Arlo family would be best so I purchased 2 Arlo baby. That has proven to be a mistake because the subscription only allows me to have 5 active cameras .... yes I have to disable/deactivate an ultra camera to use both Arlo baby monitors. To me this makes no sense. One option is to allow my account to have two separate subscriptions. A basic plan for the Arlo baby and the smart plan for the ultra. Honestly I don’t even care about cloud recording so even if there was a single plan that allowed all camera to stream but limited the number of cameras to save to the cloud that would be tolerable. The right solution is to encourage users to add into their Arlo system so there should be no limit to the number of camera supported by a plan or account. If you want to maximize the amount of dollars you get from any user, charge for adding additional features (longer cloud retention, higher quality cloud recording, etc) don’t try to extract more monthly dollars from a user that has already spent money on additional cameras.
As a parting thought when I contacted support with my concern I was encouraged to create two separate Arlo accounts and then link them with the “grant access” function. This just adds additional complication to work around what should be a simple fix. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you want more details
Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!