Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Move To HTML5

Highly recommend moving from flash to HTML5. Many work provided mobile devices restrict app installing and since Android and Apple don't have flash support so you cannot stream the cameras through browsers. Flash has become very restricted in its support. Moving to HTML5 would solve a lot of issues and provide better future compatibility.

Greg

Comments
Apprentice

Here is an idea, catch up with the rest of the world and move to HTML 5 so your product is fit for use..

Guru

It's in the works, they still have time

Aspirant

It's beyond time to resolve this as the Flash access/enablement is not consistent across browsers.  
I have an 80yr old mother trying to see alerts and live video with so much frustration she wants another system.

Arlo - fix your webpage before another hardware release.  I'm not buying anything more until you get your act together on the software some.

Novice

Yes, there are several threads here ultimately explaining how to be able to enable Flash, to get my.arlo.com working.

Well, Chrome - the world's most use browser, will soon totally remove Flash support, and of the hundreds of websites I use on a regular basis, only Arlo requires Flash support.

So, Team Arlo, when will my.arlo.com be 100% Flash-independent?

Guru

@4vrnvr wrote:

Well, Chrome - the world's most use browser, will soon totally remove Flash support,

So, Team Arlo, when will my.arlo.com be 100% Flash-independent?

"Soon" is still a year away.  Arlo has said that they will shift before it is removed from the browsers.  They haven't been more specific than that.