Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Zone Name Specific Notifications, Emails and Videos

A few ideas to share below. These are releated to a more generic feature to set up modes per activity zones, not per camera only. The ideas below may be a good first step to achieve that.

A) As a user I want to setup motion detected releated notifications and emails for each activity zone, so that I am only notfied for activity in zone of more importance, while get recorded video for all zones.

Context: with one zone set up on more traffic involved area and second one on doorstep, I want to get notifcations for the latter and not for the former, but I have videos recorded for all zones.activity.

Workaround to setup two separate cameras is not cost effective.

B) As a user I want to receive motion detected releated notifications and emails which include a name of an activity zone where the movement was detected, so that I can focus my attention on activty on specific zone, not on all activity for a camera.

Context as above.

C) As a user I want to see a zone name in the Library of recorder videos and filter by zone name, so that I can find and play videos recorded for a zone I am most interested in.

Context as above.

Comments
awhitt1958
Novice

I want to be able to set motion detection to record for the entire viewing area with no alerts and have a second smaller overlapping zone that will send motion detection alerts. If overlapping zones is a problem then I would want to record motion in any of the zones created but only send and alert for one or more specific zones.

For example one camera views the front yard, driveway and street in front of the house. I want motion detection set to record everything within the cameras viewing area, but only want alerts for motion in the driveway or sidewalk leading to the front door.

Chat support confirmed this is not currently available so I like to suggest it as a future upgrade.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

noone
Observer

I like the Arlo Smart Motion Alerts notification on my phone when the animal or person is highlighted in the snapshot, but it would be great if the same little hightlight of the motion area also appeared in email preview and even perhaps on the video. Even for those alerts which aren't detected as an animal or person, highlighting the motion area would be great.

Still do get a lot of false 'person' alerts though but hopefully this improves in the future.

Kingces95
Novice
I’d like to mute zone state notifications like when everyone exits or anyone enters a zone I don’t wanna be notified that the geofence was tripped and the system is now in away or home mode.
JDS404
Aspirant

It should be possible for me to enable activity zones so that the recording will save no matter where the motion occurred, but I only get notifications when motion is detected within that zone.

Also, it should be possible to enable geofencing so that the recording will happen no matter where I am, but when I am away from home, I will then get a notification too.

bryanfollis
Novice

I want to see a notification if there are People or Vehicles in Zone 2 on my Driveway Camera. Is this an enhancement you could get behind?