Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Detection sensitivity

Add a feature that allows us to see what sensitivity levels are being hit when recordings take place.
I am forever struggling to adjust the sinsitivity of the camers on the outside of my house.

When a recording is made it wouldbe good to know what sinsitivty % was hit so I can tell what level a tree moving in the wind vs a car driving down the street vs a person walking along th epath is and fine tune it.

I know I can sort of do this in the motion detection test but I then have to be outside where I can see the blue led and wait for these actions to occur, very hard to reproduce!

Would be good to see the actual % number stored alongside the recording that was made, and even better the realtime percentage during the whole recording length.
I regularly get a recording of someone pulling up in a car but once they stop and the person gets out the recording stops. So obviously I need to up the setting to get that person walking but by how much? Trial and error is infuriating..

Comments
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Dholliy
Guide

Brian, I feel your pain. Have you experienced an improvement in the last months? 

Arlo thank you for your improvements to the motion sensitivity on the Arlo cameras, it was a pleasent surprise!

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Future Consideration