Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Make usb storage possible on the older arlo base station (VMB3000)

Since lots of consumers know this is possible, create a firmware for the arlo base station VMB3000 that allows usb storage. Why put 2 usb ports on this base station if the company had not intention of using it. It is very misleading and consumers should have the right to get a full refund no matter how old there unit is. Your company make a pro version that supports this but that forces everyone with a old station to buy a pro station, that is really not thinking about customer service or satisfaction. Do the right thing and make the firmware it should not be hard to do. I know I am not the first to state and will not be the last.

Thank You

Alejandro

Comments
TomMac
Guru

"Since lots of consumers know this is possible"

Maybe consumers may know it, but the engineers/sw gurus know it's not... If you look at the specs of the two bases, you'll see the Pro has a more powerful processor and more memory...

Jmasterflash47
Follower
I am sure a firmware update can make local storage possible. Other camera systems use less specs than and still record locally. So what was the really purpose of the usb ports?
TomMac
Guru

The purpose of the usb ports was for future upgrades... never mentioned as to what.