Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Make session timeout user adjustable.

Currently the session timeout is set so short I'm practically re-logging in every time I want to check the cameras. I think it's counter intuative to maintaing security -- the #1 function of 'security' cameras. 

What's needed is a user adjustable session timeout feature -- with increments up to 'always on'.

Comments
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

Hi @cherlock

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

@cherlock

What is the issue you are experiencing with your system?

cherlock
Star

I'm unable to put the display in landscape mode when positioning the cameras. This used to work, about 5 months.  Since I've posted the issue there have been at least 2 updates, one was either today or yesterday.

This is the IOS ver 12 app, Arlo Pro cameras.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

@cherlock

Is this with an IPad or IPhone & are you using IOS 12.1.2 and Arlo Mobile App 2.7.1?

Megiddo
Onlooker

I have an iPhone X and the app works fine in landscape and portrait mode.  When you do want to view it in landscape mode, you have to tap on the camera viewing area you want then in the upper right there are two diagonal arrows facing away from each other.  Click on those and then turn your phone sideways.

Now can we get back on subject about the timeout when viewing on a PC/Mac in a web browser.  If you have other questions that do not pertain to this topic I would suggest asking in a new post or looking it up first somewhere else.

This timeout is very irritating that each user must continuously click on the login and or camera they want to constantly view in order to keep wathcing that camera (or any camera for that matter).  This is supposed to be a security system and if Arlo wants to compete with say simply safe and also make there current customers happier, then I would suggest getting rid of the server timeout.

cherlock
Star

I’m referring to landscape mode when I’m in ‘camera positioning mode’. 

Megiddo
Onlooker

Well then I would just view the camera normally with the live video feed which gives you the same picture as CPM but allows landscape mode.  IMO CPM is a worthless add on anyway.  If it gives you the same picture, why is CPM even in the app?  Rhetorical question.

Markusx1a
Follower

Over a year later and no comment from Arlo Support.  My suggustion is instead of posting here start to post the issues on Amazon, BestBuy, Google etcetera so that folks (like myself) know what we are getting into first.  The 2 reasons I wanted to 'upgrade' from Uniden to Arlo was to have always on streaming, and better night vision. Neither of which you get with Arlo (at least not with Arlo Pro 2).

Haley-Ham
Onlooker

The fix is easy. Follow these steps.

1. Unplug cameras
  2. Remove batteries
  3. Place cameras in nearest trash recepticle
  4. Shop for any other security camera kit other than Arlo.

This worked great for me.

Zen-Nail-Lounge
Fledgling

I have 15 Arlo Pro 2 cameras that I use in my business for security and monitoring my employees. They are all plugged in and I really need to be able to live stream them to my computer monitor without timing out. Even if I needed a DVR or whatever to do this.

PLEASE Arlo, at least give us the option!!!