Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Make session timeout user adjustable.

Currently the session timeout is set so short I'm practically re-logging in every time I want to check the cameras. I think it's counter intuative to maintaing security -- the #1 function of 'security' cameras. 

What's needed is a user adjustable session timeout feature -- with increments up to 'always on'.

Comments
Wolfy312
Initiate

I love to use my cameras to monitor my back yard while my young daughter plays out there.  I've even used the speaker function if she is calling for me out there.  My only issue is that the video times out after 10-15 minutes.  The becomes dangerous becase I think I'm hearing hear when in fact the video has stopped.  Please create an option to extend the duration of the timeout to several hours and provide an audible notification when that stopps.

Thanks!

greenghost
Fledgling

Please remove the live view 30 minute timeout.

No where in the literature, including the 85 page user manual is the 30 minute live view timeout mentioned. If I would have known this before I purchased the 5 camera system I would have purchased a Nest Cam system.

ZL710
Novice

I agree that Arlo should create a an adjustable time out feature, especially if the unit is plugged in.  I am using this as a baby camera and need the split screen option since we have twins.  Had I known that the camera would shut off, I would not have made this expensive purchase.  It seems like an easy fix if you set the criteria correctly.  If the camera is plugged in and recording off, then there should not be any limit.  I am guessing the reason the camera times out is to preserve cloud space.  Well, good thing is that I bought this at Costco so returning it if they can't fix the issue.

troycampbell
Initiate

I agree with the session timeout issue.  I purchased 5 cameras and one is to monitor the audio for my 88 year old mother at night.  I need the session to stay live overnight however when I checked this morning the session was timed out and I could not find an option to keep it on.  I need an option that will not timeout, or at least for 12 hours.

Indie78
Guide

Yes this! Please can we have an option to adjust timeout feature especially for those who have plugged in their Arlo Pro. I have the Pro 2 which is plugged in and I want to have a view of this when I'm at home or away but I'm getting rather annyoed at having to restart the stream after 30 min!!

castlebright
Novice
Time is money - allow us to set our own session timeout,, or remove it please
Megiddo
Onlooker

My father is 94 and is a 22 yr Air Force Vet and has dimentia.  I just purchased the Arlo Pro 2 system and am using the web browser to keep an eye on him.  I hate the fact that I have to continuely return to the computer to re-log in and then restart live viewing on his camera.  Please for the love of our family members don't even worry about the timeout - JUST REMOVE IT ENTIRELY.  If I want ot log out I will.  While you are at it, remove the Live View Timeout also as the camera in his room stops live viewing before the web page times out.  the whole reason for having a security system beside having the ability to record events is to OBSERVE in real time what is going on.  That is very difficult to do when you are having to log back in every 30 minutes in addition to having to restart live viewing on all cameras.  If you want a favorable review on Amazon please eliminate all of your timeouts.

lightening1951
Fledgling

I was able to watch live streaming on my camera without it timeing out.  Now for some reason, it times out after 30 minutes.  For almost a year, I did not have a timeout issue.  I chatted with the help desk and he said that the timeout function was always the case.  I know it wasn't because as I said, I have been live streaming for almost a year.  Please, put an option in settings that allows for live streaming if connected to a power source.  This is more valuable to me than looking at a recording after the fact.  This has been requested by a number of people on the arlo community page, but seems nobody is listening.  If not fixed, I will be looking elsewhere for additional cameras I plan to add and will probably eventually sell these.

lightening1951
Fledgling

I see a lot of comments on the desire to remove the 30 minute timeout, but seems no at arlo is listening.  Does arlo monitor this page at all?  Would like to at least see a response as to why this can't be done of if it is being looked into.  Arlo please answer.

cherlock
Star

I submitted this almost a year ago and have yet to see a response from Arlo. They were originally a Netgear company till August 2018 when they made an IPO to Arlo Technologies -- Neither of them have been responsive to user complaints or requests. I consider this a request, but I have another issue submitted to support which is a complaint that about a function that used to work before one of their updates, and that to is being ignored.