Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Make PC as a trusted device for 2FA

I use 3 devices to access my Arlo cams. My phone, my tablet and my PC. It isn't possible to add my PC to known devices for the 2 step verification process. Every time I try to access my cams via my PC, I have to get the code from my phone and enter it in my PC. Would be much easier for PC users to have the capability to list the PC as a known device. 

Comments
saluda
Aspirant

Does Verisure own Arlo now?  If so that explains a lot.  

WebDancer
Apprentice

The button to make the 2FA optional was available for me today about 4 hours ago when I logged in on the computer.

It was under profile/2 step verification/ and up at the top.

Turned it off, and all has been good since then.

So happy! THANK YOU Arlo

WebDancer
Apprentice

The button to make the 2FA optional was available for me today about 4 hours ago when I logged in on the computer.

It was under profile/2 step verification/ and up at the top.

Turned it off, and all has been good since then.

So happy! THANK YOU Arlo

Nancy_L
Apprentice

Yeah!!!!  2FA was also causing a problem sharing two base stations.  Could not disarm or arm multiple base stations with one account.  Hopefully it will work now with 2FA off!

CurbAppeal
Star

@WebDancer Thank you so much for letting us know we can now disable this "feature"!  

Based on how this has been going, I have to believe this was a mistake on their part.  They're still showing the banner that people need to enable.  This company is so incompetent!  (I'm sure there are good people there, but drowned out unfortunately.)  

WebDancer
Apprentice

@CurbAppeal 

Oh my gosh, I hope its not a mistake! I'll have to go back to shopping for an alternative camera system again. 

Was breathing a sigh of relief,  holding my breath now. 

Mark-M
Initiate

I want the option to turn off two step verification. I use Arlo to view my camera areas and the two step verification interferes with my timely monitoring of issues or noises that I would want to investigate. This added time lag (by confirming my ID, makes the system nearly useless for me and people who purchased Arlo for this purpose.. PLEASE ~TURN IT OFF

Cucco
Onlooker

People are saying the option to turn it off happened today.  Not for me.  Not now.  😞

ScotCamera
Luminary

I was able to turn 2FA off this afternoon, hopefully it will stay that way.

dcfox1
Master

@Cucco  Read the latest actual help post in the forums for your answer.  It is in the Pro2 forum. This is an idea section.