Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Make PC as a trusted device for 2FA

I use 3 devices to access my Arlo cams. My phone, my tablet and my PC. It isn't possible to add my PC to known devices for the 2 step verification process. Every time I try to access my cams via my PC, I have to get the code from my phone and enter it in my PC. Would be much easier for PC users to have the capability to list the PC as a known device. 

Comments
tfirma
Aspirant

The person who wrote that Arlo doesn't care about existing customers is 100% correct for the reason of the high turnover of brands/products.      Arlo won't invest a PENNY more than they absolutely have to for support - it's all directed towards obtaining new customers.

It's SO ridiculous that we've all spend hundreds or thousands for these cameras - and now even the most BASIC feature, viewing from a computer browser, is not available.

CosmicAvenger
Aspirant

tfirma, that is why I'm going to try to sell or give away my system once I have a new one set up. It'll save at least one person from paying full retail to discover this issue, and if they don't mind it, great, but it'll still deprive Arlo of a sale. I hope everyone who is dissatisfied sells or gives away their hardware.

Arlo_99
Aspirant

If I didn't have a significant investment into this product I'd throw it in the trash.  Just when I think Arlo products couldn't get any worse, they outdo themselves again.

Arlo just plain old sucks after forcing 2FA and no way to list a pc as a trusted device.  So frustrated with this product and the crappy "solution" that it provides.

Arlo sucks!

Gerald_Pottier
Fledgling

PLEASE READ

Peeps, since ARLO refuses to fix this issue, then we can fight back, everyone log into Bestbuy and leave a negative review about the 2fa policy. MAKE THEM PAY for it, until they resolve the issue. Wherever you paid for it, leave a negative review so other users know not to buy this pos product. 

I just left multiple arlo reviews on bestbuy for all the products I have purchased. You should do the same. 

ArloWatcher
Luminary

@JamesC  Hope this is the right James

OK, now it seems that ARLO took the ability to turn off 2FA, so every time I use the PC to access ARLO I have to go get my phone to get the code. Lets make it possible to add a PC as a trusted device. 

RichCO
Onlooker

Same.  In completely different State and wanted to check camera.  Forcing 2FA to get on BUT getting "verification mode already exists" for both methods.  I assume since I used it before but then turned off.  Can't get past it.  Thanks Arlo for forcing software on us that doesn't work and locks us from our own cameras.  Fantastic.  I have not had this much hatred for a brand in a long long time.

Cucco
Onlooker

Laptop..  Two-Step Verification..  I only use my laptop to view my cameras.  This two-step verification is a NIGHTMARE!  Every single time I log in, I have to do the two-step verification?  I am starting to HATE Arlo because of this.  What good are 'security cameras', if I can't access them fast?  This is DANGEROUS!  My banks and investment accounts are smart enough to recognize my laptop.  Why isn't Arlo?  Please help?!

BandK
Initiate

So, this morning forced to use the 2FA login and had to set it up. In the setup there is no option to name my desktop as a "trusted device" so I have go thru the 2FA EACH TIME to login. I downloaded an android player and ran the mobile app on my desktop and created the device as a "trusted device" but it only works using the android player and is SO SLOW.

Bottom line: Arlo/Netgear is crap! I'm going to replace all my Netgear devices with equipment that has better support and pays attention to their customers!

dcfox1
Master

It was a long time coming. I had Ring a year ago and they had it then the same way. Most brands have it or are going to. It all started a year or two ago with the hacking of Ring that was all over the news. I hate it also but with push notification selected it takes about 15-20 seconds to log in.  FWIW Arlo spun off from Netgear years ago. 

reed_bob_1365
Aspirant

My laptop computer has security features that are superior to my tablets and phone.

I don't even let email exist on my laptop.

I previously used my laptop to view my security cameras, of course my house is now less secure since I can't access the cameras. I was considering accessing my pictures on my flash drive, but I can't access it to stop the flash drive.

I will be cancelling my subscription (to access my cameras in real time and store the history).

I used to like the ARLO product but, ARLO's understanding of security is based on someone reading a text book and they are ignoring reality and the real world.  I agree with some of the previous comments that encourage a more detailed review and rating on Bust Buy, COSTCo, etc to reflect the ARLO power grab to lock out their customers, after the purchase.