Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Make PC as a trusted device for 2FA

I use 3 devices to access my Arlo cams. My phone, my tablet and my PC. It isn't possible to add my PC to known devices for the 2 step verification process. Every time I try to access my cams via my PC, I have to get the code from my phone and enter it in my PC. Would be much easier for PC users to have the capability to list the PC as a known device. 

Comments
djp100
Novice

Now that two-step verification is turned on, I cannot add my laptop as a permanently added approved devise. I have to approve through my phone every time I want to use my laptop to view my cameras/recordings. Since I use my laptop as a main means to view my recordings, having to approved each time is getting a bit old. After contacting support, they advised me that they currently do not allow this to happen and I have to post my issue here in this forum. Please add the ability to add Laptops to approved devises in two-step verification.

secaz
Virtuoso

My next system for my new home will be Eufy...

Arlo is annoying enough without the completely useless customer service.

Once I called then and had a thoroughly amusing time trying to tell the CSR that I use Linux on my desktop... kept giving me instructions pertinent to WINDOWS... I kept reiterating that I use Linux... still instructions kept coming in endless droves for Windows environment... "Open Internet Explorer",  I don't have IE was my response, "Can you install it?"... so, instead of handing me off to a CSR who had a clue (and a rare creature THAT would be), this line of questioning persisted... it was amusing so I played along. 

I learned long ago to NOT contact Arlo support, I know more about their system then their whole support team does... and the each team member just reads from a script, word-for-word...

Jackej
Aspirant

This is a bunch of bull crap I can't add my PC as a trusted device.

If any arlo employees are reading this FIX IT NOW , NOT NEXT YEAR, NOT NEXT WEEK, RIGHT NOW😡😠

nthawkeye
Aspirant

Clearly their support is NOT reading this, otherwise they would have done something about it oh...I don't know, almost a year ago?  Such a simple change to make as well.  Too bad.  They'd rather make more and more money off their new bloated subscriptions than support their legacy customers. 

EvanEscent
Guide

What most of the posters don't realize is that the Arlo "IT" team is not comprised of IT professionals or code-wizards at all. They are simply minimum-wage call center dweebs who don't have a clue about how to set up a proper 2FA or even troubleshoot Arlo problems. They are simply reading down an algorithm/recipe page and are incapable of independent thinking.

EE

Jackej
Aspirant

Probably won't do any good but I opened a case about it anyway 

Jackej
Aspirant

It's pretty sad Arlo has a nice web portal to view your cameras on a PC , to bad they screwed it up now I have to use bluestacks or authorize it every dam time which is ridiculous

BRNKY
Fledgling

I find this 2 step authentication to be cumbersome,  inconvenient, and useless for my particular use.  I usually look at live cameras thru my laptop or iPad.  And I cannot make either one a trusted device.  Must have my iphone available to use other device for viewing a camera.   Also,  my wife has to call me for a pass code every time she wants to access cameras from her cell phone.

Please fix this and make this system a more user friendly user  operation.

Jackej
Aspirant

This is the reply I got from customer support

Thank you for submitting your concern through our email channel. I apologize for the delayed response.

As I understand your concern, you're unable to set your PC as a trusted device. We understand that you would like this to be fixed urgently. However, I would like to inform that this feature is not available on computer/laptop/desktop/PC yet. There's no ETA as to when this feature to be released. We know that it's inconvenient on your part, but for now, in order to login using your PC, you need authentication. At your most convenient time, I would suggest and it would be great to post this idea into our ideas exchange page on community.arlo.com website.

I hope that this information answers your concern. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact support through our various support channels which you can check on this link: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx and refer to case number: 42417486. We would gladly assist you.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Sincerely,

Vince

ARLO Support Expert

Support Site - https://support.arlo.com

Community site - https://community.arlo.com

johnftr
Initiate

This is quite staggering. The 'idea' to make the PC a trusted device has been in this Idea Exchange for well over a year. All support can do is suggest we post the idea here AGAIN and AGAIN? This is taking the mickey and worse!