Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Make PC as a trusted device for 2FA

I use 3 devices to access my Arlo cams. My phone, my tablet and my PC. It isn't possible to add my PC to known devices for the 2 step verification process. Every time I try to access my cams via my PC, I have to get the code from my phone and enter it in my PC. Would be much easier for PC users to have the capability to list the PC as a known device. 

Comments
snooplsm
Onlooker

Love how we make an issue and they put is in this echo chamber.  Like you told us to enable 2fa but you didn't give us all the features.  Fix it yesterday.  

glenleff
Novice

The two step  verification SMS system only good if you have Cell service.  We have internet but no cell tower to access  so you should be able to have a primary email to receive code to allow for access to cameras. owners should be able to pick which they chose to receive two step code

BarryLL
Aspirant

I get these things can take awhile to roll out, but this one is status as New Ideas, not even a Future Consideration.  Given that we now must use 2FA this idea needs more attention!  (I'm surprised at some of the other ideas having way more likes).

In the meantime it would be helpful if the web login, once authenticated by 2FA, did not log me out so quickly.  If the login was good for 12 hours that would be a huge help (of course I'd still be able to logoff manually, if I was for some reason doing this on a device that I didn't completely trust).

I know they modified their "change by nov 30" notice, but I still haven't had to enable 2fa (and won't). 

I've been advocating to make the browsers "known devices" not trusted.  For a "known device,", once 2fa has occured, there really is no reason to have to roll 2fa again until the cookie expires.  IMO, this could be a very long duration cookie - days, weeks, months.  Daily would be a minimum.  That would fix this 2fa nightmare.

Star

Still nothing from Arlo on this. Amazed that they know there is a problem with their customers and refuse to acknowledge it.  A simple "we're working on it" might help.  Ignoring us doesn't make things better.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi glenleff,

If you can't receive SMS text from your phone, you can choose "Try Another Verification Method" and choose to receive the code via email or another trusted device.

kmiller8821
Luminary

Its extremely annoying. I shouldn't have to put a code in every time I use it on my own PC. Every other service in the world says "do you wish to trust this browser?" and never again am I bothered. Leave it to arlo to drop the ball yet again and then completely ignore us. I am seriously considering changing to another brand with people that actually listen to thier customers. Are you listening Arlo? Do I need to say it louder for the engineers in the back? This isn't rocket science.

Make PC as a trusted device for 2FA - Page 22 - Arlo Community

22 pages and counting. Dates back to last March.

D77king
Initiate

Please add computer and laptop as trusted devices

TomMac
Guru

YES !